Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Ann Coulter on Cindy Sheehan

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How's this for bashing: on Sunday, Fox News quoted Sheehan as saying that "America is not worth dying for." That is an outright lie, and I would say it is definitely bashing.

The TRUTH is that Sheehan said that "it is not worth dying for", and based on the sentence right before and right after, clearly she was referring to IRAQ.

Fox News hit another low on Sunday with a pure lie in order to discredit this woman.

[/ QUOTE ]
I missed the part where Fox News (assuming what you say is true) has anything to do with the topic of Ann Coulter's article. If it's true that Fox did misrepresent what she said, that sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was simply replying to your post:

"I would take "bashing" as a form of a personal attack.... I've yet to read any such bashing of this woman."

If you listen to right-wing talk radio or watch Fox News for even 1 hour, I can nearly guarantee that you will see Sheehan get bashed, by any definition of the word.

-ptmusic
Old 08-23-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you listen to right-wing talk radio or watch Fox News for even 1 hour, I can nearly guarantee that you will see Sheehan get bashed, by any definition of the word.

[/ QUOTE ]
I listen to talk radio (only Brit Hume on Fox) and I haven't heard personal attacks. I've heard the commentators attacking her positions, her behavior, and what she says, but that is different from attacking her personally.

This is not to say that she hasn't been attacked personally. But I won't defend those who do because it's indefensible.

And, as I suspected, this thread has turned into a left-wing circle jerk of Coulter bashing. I won't defend everything Coulter said. As I said, I don't really listen to her much because she has nothing new to add. My real intention with displaying the Coulter article was to attract traffic because I knew "Ann Coulter" and "Cindy Sheehan" are ideal left/right wing buzzwords.

I've noticed no one has really replied to the substance of many of the articles I posted.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:43 PM

Bill Maher is friends with Ann Coulter.

Now THATS funny!
Old 08-23-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bill Maher is friends with Ann Coulter.

Now THATS funny!

[/ QUOTE ]

They both are comics, right?
Old 08-23-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And, as I suspected, this thread has turned into a left-wing circle jerk of Coulter bashing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I despise the left wing with even more vehemence than I despise the right wing, so I take offense at the knee-jerk reaction of right wingers that any criticism can be shrugged off as left-wing antagonism. Fact is that Ann Coulter resorts to the same demonizing and vitriolic attacks on the left that Al Franken resorts to in his attacks on the right. Her reference to Stalinism (the greatest mass murderer in history) in describing Sheehan's actions is but one obvious example of emotional knee-jerkism rather than rational discourse.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I take offense at the knee-jerk reaction of right wingers that any criticism can be shrugged off as left-wing antagonism.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe what I said is correct. If you're offended by the truth, then I don't know what else to say.

[ QUOTE ]
Fact is that Ann Coulter resorts to the same demonizing and vitriolic attacks on the left that Al Franken resorts to in his attacks on the right.

[/ QUOTE ]
One of the many reasons I don't listen much to Coulter.

[ QUOTE ]
Her reference to Stalinism (the greatest mass murderer in history) in describing Sheehan's actions is but one obvious example of emotional knee-jerkism rather than rational discourse.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is incorrect. Coulter described Sheehan's actions as "Stalinist agitprop". She was not equating Sheehan to Stalin. Again, Coulter is attacking Sheehan's behavior, not Sheehan personally.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a typical propaganda piece from a propagandist posing as a critical thinker.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Ann Coulter is posing as a critical thinker, she's doing a remarkably poor job of it.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I take offense at the knee-jerk reaction of right wingers that any criticism can be shrugged off as left-wing antagonism.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe what I said is correct. If you're offended by the truth, then I don't know what else to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can it be the truth when some of the criticism comes from non-leftwing advocates like me?
Old 08-23-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Coulter described Sheehan's actions as "Stalinist agitprop". She was not equating Sheehan to Stalin. Again, Coulter is attacking Sheehan's behavior, not Sheehan personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a bit of a logical stretch. If I described your behaviour as "dumb-down neocon Hitleresque", am I not bashing you personally?

-ptmusic
Old 08-23-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can it be the truth when some of the criticism comes from non-leftwing advocates like me?

[/ QUOTE ]
You're including yourself amongst the circle jerkers. That is not my fault. I didn't say you were a part of them, just that I knew this thread would turn into a flame-Ann Coulter thread, as opposed to my intention to discuss how the press is beginning to turn on Sheehan, as noted by articles I posted.