Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Attack of the Tilting Donks

A couple hands ago, I had just won a huge pot off this guy with an OESD hit on the river and he's steaming. He three-bet my previous hand - a steal attempt I connected with - and now is determined to get me back on this one.

He's my buddy: 71/11/1.2/47

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
Old 08-13-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Attack of the Tilting Donks

If the guy is steaming why not three bet the flop hope he caps and collect bets from him and the other third man in the pot? I would put in as many bets as possible on this flop without hesitation. The turn is definately a scare card but I like the lead, call a raise and then shut down and get to SD
Old 08-13-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Attack of the Tilting Donks

i would 3-bet the flop according to your read. The A kind of turns your hand to goo unless he's REALLY steaming and doing this with like 22 or KJ or something. Either way, make sure you see a showdown.

I'm still debating over bet-call or check-call as the best course of turn action. Things might be different if you had 3-bet the flop.