Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 11:40 PM

Default Changing monitor resolution...

When I change to 1600x1200, it makes my monitor "scroll"...rather than make everything smaller it makes the desktop bigger and I just can't see it all at once (Though I can now fit 4 poker tables without overlap...but i can only see one at a time!!)

How do I tell windows to also go to 1600x1200?
Old 08-11-2005, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Changing monitor resolution...

[ QUOTE ]
When I change to 1600x1200, it makes my monitor "scroll"...rather than make everything smaller it makes the desktop bigger and I just can't see it all at once (Though I can now fit 4 poker tables without overlap...but i can only see one at a time!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure your monitor supports 16x12? Typically, when a monitor does not, windows defaults to a virtual desktop.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure your monitor supports 16x12? Typically, when a monitor does not, windows defaults to a virtual desktop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Errrr, I mean are you sure your card supports it?

I've been doing far to much photography lately and not enough puter... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2005, 11:44 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you probably need to adjust the refresh rate hertz

edit: although only fitting one table on the screen at a time sounds like a pretty significant difference now that i actually reread the post.. so nevermind. maybe you need to update your driver ?
Old 08-11-2005, 11:47 PM

my card must support it, because I changed the resolution through the ATI icon on the task bar (or whatever it's called by the clock in bottom right). i have the monitor box right here and it says : Maximum Resolution 1600x1200 @ 60Hz
Old 08-11-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my card must support it, because I changed the resolution through the ATI icon on the task bar (or whatever it's called by the clock in bottom right). i have the monitor box right here and it says : Maximum Resolution 1600x1200 @ 60Hz

[/ QUOTE ]

What type of ATI card. Their drivers definately use a virtual desktop when actual resolution is not supported.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you probably need to adjust the refresh rate hertz

edit: although only fitting one table on the screen at a time sounds like a pretty significant difference now that i actually reread the post.. so nevermind. maybe you need to update your driver ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant one full table. Like right now posting, I can the entire 2p2 page vertically, but where my firefox has my quicklinks/address bar etc, it's above the top of the screen (i need to move the mouse up) and i'm probably missing 2-3 inches of Horizontal. (I can only see to the right most margin of the posting page, where it says "Infopop corporation" aligned right.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:50 PM

Radeon 9800 Pro.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:51 PM

I think I was on the right track in my first post...I'm braindead right now...

Monitor type?
Old 08-11-2005, 11:53 PM

lol it cost $100....cheap...Sylvania 19" CRT (18" viewable)