Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Did I Play This Too Fast?

Little background on the table, I have been running ridiculous, making about 4 premium hands and getting paid off each time, and buying the pot when I thought I saw weakness, but like I said no one has seen anything other than good hands from me. I do not have the HH here so this is off memory.

My read on the Villains is very limited, just seemed to be the average NL $50 players.
NL $50:
Villain 1 $9
Hero $270
Villain 2 $80
Villain 3 $60

I get dealt KK in MP. Folds to Villain 1 who raises to $2, I make it $6.50 to go, Villain 2 and 3 call, all others fold, back to Villain 1 who goes all in for a few dollars more, I call, 2 others call.
(First off, I believe PP gave me the option of reraising, although I don't think I should have had it, since his all in was for less than my reraise, but if I could have, should I have repopped right there?)
~$37 in pot Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]... I am first to act... I push... Villain 2 and 3 fold...
Anything wrong with that. Truthfully, and this is a leak in my game, part of me felt like I was due to get my top set cracked here, so I over priced any draws, but I just can't help but think I may have messed this up a lot. Anyone who was at the table has seen me do this at least twice in the last 20 minutes though, so I thought I may get called by weaker hands like AA, QQ, JJ, AK.
Turns out A came on the turn, river was a blank and I beat the short stack who had QQ, ouch.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Did I Play This Too Fast?

A push is still pretty scary. QQ and JJ will call a push, as well as a pot-sized bet. With a pot-sized bet, you will get AK to call, but I don't think AK calls a push. KQ, KJ, and QJ might call the pot-sized bet as well (which you WANT to calling).

A pot-sized bet already prices out draws. If the turn bricks, go ahead and push there.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did I Play This Too Fast?

[/ QUOTE ]
not if you hate money
Old 08-11-2005, 10:44 AM

LOL... I know, at the time it made so much sense but even after a great session, this is all I was thinking about this morning. I must hate money!!!!
No validity at this level to a person thinking I am just trying to push them around with my stack? Although like I said this was the second to my leaky thought of "being due" to give some back.

Only thing that is making me feel better was seeing that guy fold trip tens at Lake Tahoe on espn the other day... at least I didn't fold!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]