Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Something novel I hadn\'t seen before (low-content)

Been a while since I've posted on here (lack of Pacific hand histories got to me!) but I still enjoy O8 and keep playing it from time to time.

I tried out the $2/4 kill game at the Taj Mahal on a trip to AC last week and saw more or less what I expected -- loose game with at least 5 seeing most flops, a bit more raising than I'm used to in the same game at Foxwoods, though.

But one thing I didn't expect was to see the same player twice within an hour show down trips-in-hand! And to top it off, both times he flopped the case card for a set. Once he won by making aces full; I forget if his other set of eights won anything or not.

I know there are players who'll find things to love about bad hands, and I've hear it argued that AAAx is playable in some situations (e.g. small blind) but I thought even us novices all knew not to play trips-in-hand!

Totally off-topic, I'm going to put in a plug for our wiki project. (A wiki is a community-edited website that anyone can contribute to just by clicking the edit button.) It could use some additions to its O8 content; see limit hold 'em for an example of the potential that the wiki format holds. OK, end of shameless plug. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2005, 01:34 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Something novel I hadn\'t seen before (low-content)

cool site

now I want to knwo what would possess someone to play 888x
Old 08-10-2005, 01:35 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Something novel I hadn\'t seen before (low-content)

I'd guess AAAx suited probably has some merit in a shorthanded pot, especially if it's with a wheel card