Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 07-23-2005, 05:56 AM

Default Re: your scummiest friend?

one of those 'sorta-kinda' friends who you say what's up to in highschool. Always had a huuuge ego and big mouth even though he could never back anything up.

He's in prison now for molesting a toddler girl. Did I mention his parents both died and he was taken in by a family. This same family whose little girl he molested.

Next time I see him, a punch to the throat should do.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:05 AM

no need, i'm pretty sure the prisoners he's w/ will treat him well.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

no need, i'm pretty sure the prisoners he's w/ will treat him well.

[/ QUOTE ]

he is DEFINETALY gonna be someone's bitch. no doubt
Old 07-23-2005, 06:16 AM

I've been friends with a few guys who would steal mail for credit cards and identity theft stuff from local neighborhoods. Nothing compared to some of these people, though.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:17 AM

If you still consider this guy a friend, then you are a sack of [censored]. report the dude to the cops and testify.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The kid and his parents got a life sentence.

[/ QUOTE ]

explain please. Life sentence for parents. I assume this is poetic discourse?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is correct.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you still consider this guy a friend, then you are a sack of [censored]. report the dude to the cops and testify.

[/ QUOTE ]

Notice that I said, "A guy I know". I no longer consider him a friend. Thanks for turning it around on me, though.

Also, this was almost 10 years ago. I know that I initially said a few years. Time sure does fly. Anyway, he has already been to trial and weasled his way out of any serious time. My reporting him would do nothing.

Seriously, though, thanks again for making me out to be the bad guy.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:43 AM

One of my good friends is spending 8 months of quality time in jail. He was getting pulled over by the police late one night and decided to take off. No particularly good reason.

He was chased, flipped his truck, and was taken to the hospital. Truck is completely wrecked. He got some staples in his back. The police put him in a guarded hospital room wih several others. He espcaped anyway. So he walks 5 miles across Houston with his hospital gown on and staples in his back. He makes it home - where he hides out for 2 weeks until the cops stop him for his paper plates and take him in. They charge him with evasion and escape.

This was funny when it happened. He is a really nice guy but probably qualifies as scummy. He just doesnt like the police.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:11 PM

I know the general basics of double jeopardy, but not really the specifics. If someone was cleared of, say, murder, and then significant new evidence comes to light, can't they have another trial?

Seriously, I think your karma is going to be pretty [censored] if you don't try to do more to correct this situation.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know the general basics of double jeopardy, but not really the specifics. If someone was cleared of, say, murder, and then significant new evidence comes to light, can't they have another trial?

Seriously, I think your karma is going to be pretty [censored] if you don't try to do more to correct this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing that I can do except for vigiliante type justice. Statute of limitations, my word against his etc... Part of his attorneys angle was the hospital [censored] up. Evidently, if memory serves me, there was some accuracy to this. Those half truths are wicked stuff in capable legal hands.

It has been so long I can't even clearly recall all of the details. Remember, we were drinking when this came out. I was so stunned it was like I didn't even process it completely.

I carry a lot of guilt over a lot of stuff but not this one. There were people closer to the situation at the time it was going down that could have done something- yet they didn't.

I am sure you will be happy to know that I am suffering bad karma from other things.

So let's sum this up. Somebody started a thread and I responded by relating an unfortunate story. So far, I have been called a piece of [censored] and essentially accused of complicity and guilt by association. Flame me anyday- I don't care- but this is way out of line.