Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 01:20 AM

Default your scummiest friend?

i've known a lot of substance riddled fellows and i was trying to decide which of my friends was the worst. most of mine have problems doing large amounts of (weed, alcohol, coke, all of the above) during inopportune times like work or on the freeway. i cant decide which of mine is the worse, but i thought it might make a good topic for discussion, along with some good stories. hopefully this will generate some good stories and such
Old 07-23-2005, 01:51 AM

Default Re: your scummiest friend?

I know a guy who angrily dropped (threw to the ground, actually) a kid while babysitting him. I did not find out the truth of the matter until several years later.

His story was that it was an accident. Several of us wrote eloquent letters to the court describing him as a gentle person who would never do such a thing. In fact, in my letter, I related a story about how he once felt so bad about a dead cat in the road he scooped up the carcass and gave it a "proper burial".

Fastforward a few years and the truth was finally revealed. In a drunken stuper one night his eyes turned psychotic as he related how "the little fucker wouldn't stop crying- plus he had these long, dirty nails that he kept scratching me with". He then proceeded to lose it- throwing the kid to the ground causing him permanant brain damage and loss of eyesight.

The spousal abuse and general predatory sleazyness exemplified by this outwardly appearing "nice guy" are ancillary offenses compared the previously outlined one.

Currently, he is being severely jerked around by a girlfriend and is suffering a deep depression. Hopefully, for societies sake, he will off himself before he gets her.

BTW, he got 6 months work release for his crime- avoiding the million dollar plus civil suit in bankruptcy court (after maxing out his credit cards, naturally).

The kid and his parents got a life sentence.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:07 AM

Unless someone used to be friends with Hilter, I think you win.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:14 AM

I was having a great day until i read that post...just a downer!
Old 07-23-2005, 02:17 AM

Not so much a friend as no one could stand him ever, but he was one of those people who just attaches themselves to you and makes themselves pervasive and omnipresent. He was a rich kid who rebelled against his parents by being a hippy, working for enviromental agencies and studying comparative religions in university. He used to lecture everyone he knew about how immature they were, and how they should get jobs and support themselves and marry their girlfriends/boyfriends and start families and stop gambling and drinking and doing drugs and become productive members of society.

Meanwhile, his parents are footing all his bills, as his income from canvassing for various enviromental groups is near zero. And he's cheating on his fiance with some dirty hippy girl from one of the enviromental agencies. He manages to get both pregnant and prevents his fiance from getting an arbortion as it'd be murder but insists his piece on the side gets an arbortion. He's using meth and paying for it by selling it to fratboys at school. Oh, and by sleeping with his dealer (this creepy dominican dude) who gives him hep-C and godknowswhatelse. Which he of course passes along to the girls. After his fiance breaks up with him (after testing positive for hep-C) he empties her bank accounts and disappears to australia.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was having a great day until i read that post...just a downer!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, man. In retrospect, I should have waited until Monday to share that.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless someone used to be friends with Hilter, I think you win.

[/ QUOTE ]

His only boyhood friend, August Kubizek, recalled Hitler as a shy, reticent young man, yet he was able to burst into hysterical fits of anger towards those who disagreed with him. The two became inseparable during these early years and Kubizek turned out to be a patient listener.

He was a good audience for Hitler, who often rambled for hours about his hopes and dreams. Sometimes Hitler even gave speeches complete with wild hand gestures to his audience of one. Hitler would only tolerate approval from his friend and could not stand to be corrected, a personality trait he had shown in high school and as a younger boy as well.

Kubizek later recalled his friend this way:

"There he stood, this pallid, skinny youth, with the first dark brown showing on his upper lip, in his shabby pepper-and-salt suit, threadbare at the elbows and collar, with his eyes glued to some architectural detail, analyzing the style, criticizing or praising the work, disapproving of the material - all this with such thoughtfulness and such expert knowledge as though he were the builder and would have to pay for every shortcoming out of his own pocket."

Then one day in 1905 the pair went to see a performance of Wagner's Rienzi at the Linz Memorial Theater. This became a decisive event for the teenaged Hitler, as he was to refer to it after he came to power. In Kubizek's biography of Hitler The Young Hitler I Knew, 1953, he recalls how it had a terrifying impact upon Hitler, who left the theater in a state of trance:

"Adolf stood in front of me; and now he gripped both my hands and held them tight. He had never made such a gesture before. I felt from the grasp of his hands how deeply moved he was. His eyes were feverish with excitement .. Never before and never again have I heard Adolf Hitler speak as he did in that hour, as we stood there alone under the stars, as though we were the only creatures in the world. He now spoke of a mission that he was one day to receive from our people, in order to guide them out of slavery, to the heights of freedom .."

Thirty years later, the boyhood friends would meet again in Bayreuth, and Kubizek told Adolf Hitler what he remembered of that night, assuming that the enormous multitude of impressions and events which had filled these past decades would have pushed into the background the experience of a seventeen year old youth.

But after a few words Kubizek sensed that Hitler vividly recalled that hour and had retained all its details in his memory. Hitler's words were unforgettable for August Kubizek:

"It began at that hour ..."
Old 07-23-2005, 02:42 AM

This thread sucks because it's depressing.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:51 AM

One of my friends only has like 10 teeth left and he's only 22.

When I read "scummiest friend" I immediately thought of him. I know he can't really compare to baby-tosser guy, but his mouth makes me vomit.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:10 AM

If anyone I knew did something even remotely close to the two real stories above, I would make sure they die.