Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Party Poker MTT - How would you play it?

The funny thing is I think if I had raised it to 1200 or 1400 togo with the 400 blinds, the AK WOULD have reraised all-in. But since I min-raised he picked up on that and just called.

With 4 callers in front of me with AKs I would almost definately have reraised since I would not want to play AK in a 7 way pot, if he had... BB would have folded, I would have reraised all-in and ended up much better off... but it was not to be. Lesson learned, trying to "generate some action" is dangerous and generally a bad play.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:27 PM

I think this is the perfect time for a limp-reraise.

You have to risk it getting limped around because you really need to try and win a big pot here.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:48 PM

Depending on his stack, and the action to him, as the AKs facing your 3x the BB raise I would have...

Called if it folded to me (there's only teh blinds to act, and given your reads I highly doubt it will be 3 handed).

All in if a call leaves me w/ less than 5 BBs

All in if there are 2 or more callers of your raise.

Like I said, thinking players will see your minraise for what it is, you beggining for action. It's quite possibly the most obvious online tell there is (and I know very few tells). I would have just open limped in this situation, hoping for (as you had said the table had been doing) it to get raised and fold back to you so you can go all in or call depending on the action.