Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 03:51 AM

Default How do YOU use the auto check, raise, check/fold, check/call buttons?

This question is open to all single tablers, multitablers, and everyone in-between.

Personally I have never really used these (except for auto fold in weak position or if I was really busy multitabling).

How do you maximize your EV with these auto buttons?

(sorry if this has been asked sometime previously)
Old 07-15-2005, 04:13 AM

Default Re: How do YOU use the auto check, raise, check/fold, check/call butt

I think the auto buttons can be used to bluff if used judiciously...at least I've had success with this technique.

-Phil
Old 07-15-2005, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This question is open to all single tablers, multitablers, and everyone in-between.

Personally I have never really used these (except for auto fold in weak position or if I was really busy multitabling).

How do you maximize your EV with these auto buttons?

(sorry if this has been asked sometime previously)

[/ QUOTE ]

The only ones I use is the autofold preflop when I have a hand that I know I won't play no matter what happens, and the auto check/fold when I'm in the big blind with a hand too weak to defend with.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:30 AM

i use them whenever i can, i.e. when my action is predetermined and not dependent on what others do before me. this is a big help when playing 4 or more tables. one draw back, a possible tell is with the auto raise. you can usually tell when someone had that checked and that means he likes his hand. when 6+ tabling, i am usually 1 or 2 tables behind in my actions so several of the tables are not getting the auto features used. this randomness may compencate for any tells.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:30 AM

I only use autofold when there's a bet in front of me or it's preflop. Everything else (including checking in the big blind) I do manually.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:17 AM

When I have K7o in the bigblind, or some other {FaceCard,LowCard} hand, I want to make sure I do a quick check in the BB. I want to make it more obvious that I had "check/fold in turn" clicked, because if the flop is K-high, I want to make check-raising more feasible.
-Sam
Old 07-15-2005, 07:50 AM

I use them a fair amount. Say I have KJo on the button and there are three players left to act pre-flop with no limpers before them, I'll click "raise $(amount, depending on limit)". This way, it will raise instantly after any limpers but if anyone raises, I am prompted for action and can make a decision.

I think this works well because people might just assume that I have autobet/raise any on.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:09 AM

I only use auto-fold when I know right up front I'm not playing the hand no matter what. Of course I won't use it in the BB. All other actions I count 1-apple-2apple-3-apple and then hit check, call, or raise. Call it tell-phobia. I haven't experimented with using auto in a bluff or semi-bluff situation.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:48 AM

I like to autocheck the "raise any" button when I'm HU and the other is to my right. Especially when I have a good holding but could be beat but think the villain is doubting his card.

I'm hoping he folds of course. It works quite well but only with players who you can tell are doubting when they think long before betting. (so I have 3, no 4 outs there's X in the pot so I divide....) Of course they are the same ones that bet instantly if they have a winner.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:00 AM

I use autofold frequently PF and if I have a weak hand in the BB (or if I had a low pair didn't hit my set and there's already a bet and calls in a pot too small to draw to 2 outs).

Sometimes if I'm busy I'll raise auto PF. The -EV of the tell is worth it for the +EV of speed/tables, plus I will sometimes click raise very very quickly if I'm trying to steal blinds later so it looks like I have a good hand I would have raised with regardless.

I also use it as a bluff, e.g. if I tried to steal blinds and was called, as soon as it's checked to me I autobet so I represent a stronger hand.