Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: \"I Wanna See That Hand\" at MGM Las Vegas

Were you at the table Saturday night that was supposedly going 5 bets 6-way preflop on a regular basis? The dealers hated that table, my table was much more loose and fun.

I really only heard one guy berating another for bad play, and that was at 1/2 NL. He, however, did not criticize his own bad play when he went all in on a Q-high flop with Q-rag against my PF and flop raises with Aces.

-d
Old 06-28-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I stuffed my cards into the muck and the dealer actually fished them out of the muck and showed them to said douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

A hand that touches the muck is dead. I would never, ever, tip that dealer again. I would also call for the floor in this situation.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I stuffed my cards into the muck and the dealer actually fished them out of the muck and showed them to said douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

A hand that touches the muck is dead. I would never, ever, tip that dealer again. I would also call for the floor in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

ANd then kick the dealer in da nutz?
Old 06-28-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think showing that it bothers you this much is more of a cost than showing down how you played a particular two cards, once.

And yeah, the hand is dead -- meaning it can't win the pot. You can still flip it over if it can be easily identified.

That being said -- the guy who called for it was an ass and I hope you busted him.

-d
Old 06-28-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If a hand can be retrieved -- if it's not thoroughly mixed in with the muck -- most floormen will rule that it can be shown. I don't personally agree with this, but it's usually the way it happens.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:04 PM

I wrote two columns on this issue last year.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_maga...02&m_id=88

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_maga...amp;m_id=65550
Old 06-28-2005, 05:02 PM

I'll be playing at the MGM in a few weeks as it is where we are staying.

It seems people asking to see is becoming more prevalent, so now I plan to call out the person asking to see the cards by asking him to first explain to me who it is he thinks I am colluding with or how I am cheating.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't say that I'll be going back to the MGM room. I used to really like it, but this trip the players just got under my skin with all the requests to see mucked cards, trash talking, berating fish, and what not. Its not the MGMs fault though, its a nice room and the staff is pleasant.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say it's NOT the MGM's fault??? Their floor should be discouraging people from abusing the rule. It's a privledge, not a right, and it can be suspended for overuse.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be playing at the MGM in a few weeks as it is where we are staying.

It seems people asking to see is becoming more prevalent, so now I plan to call out the person asking to see the cards by asking him to first explain to me who it is he thinks I am colluding with or how I am cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about doing that a couple times, but then I decided it was better
not to worry about it. No point looking like a jerk, or somebody that
responds to needling.

jafager
Old 06-28-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...I plan to call out the person asking to see the cards by asking him to first explain to me who it is he thinks I am colluding with or how I am cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you get better results at whatever limits you play than I've gotten at the tiny limits I play. I hope you get a better response, but I wouldn't bet on it.