Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 06-23-2005, 12:20 PM

Default Too Aggressive against a \"Maniac\"

First off this is my first post so I want to thank you guys for everything you have taught me as I "lurked" in the past.

The villain here had $120 when I got to the table, went down to $40 back up to $160 and now back down to around $40, because of over aggressive, just plain bad play. Raising an unraised pot anywhere from min raise to $9.75 at leat three times. Never saw him out of an unraised pot even with 72o, etc. I have seen him bluff numerous times and get caught and raise $3 - $5 with K 10o and Q7 suited, preflop. Basically he is all over the road. We were playing 6 handed so I almost left to find a full table, but then realized I should probably stay and try to get his money since he will go broke. Sorry no PT stats as I play on bodog, and no hand history to covert since I am at work.

$.25/$.50

Villain ($43.00)
Hero ($96.00)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8, 8. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
1 fold, Villain raises to $3.00, 3 folds, Hero calls $3.00, 2 folds
Flop: ($6.75) 6s, 3c, 3s (2 players)
SB bets $4, Hero raises to $15, Villain re-raises to $26, Hero ?

After I get some feed back I will post my thoughts so you can let me know if I am way off....
Old 06-23-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Too Aggressive against a \"Maniac\"

What's SB's action?
Old 06-23-2005, 12:46 PM

I would guess that he puts you on a couple overcards and that he holds a few of them as well.

I really doubt he has a 3 (unless he has two of them, in which case I can't see him trumping your aggressive play, aggressive maniacs tend to slow down with quads)

I think I would reraise him all in here. I tend to play loose aggressive and I guess the villians play looks awfully familiar. I put him on AQ or AJ (with a possible flush draw)

Just my take on it.....
Old 06-23-2005, 12:58 PM

Sorry, just me and the Villain, all others folded...
Old 06-23-2005, 01:11 PM

I'm probably folding here, he could easily be holding a better pair, unless you've seen him re-raise to 100bb with crap before?

In which case i probably add him to my buddy list, then call.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:07 PM

I usually play pretty tight unless I am single tabling and can get a good read like I had on this guy, not on his hand but on the fact he was all over the road. I put him on a wide rande of hands from AA - 22 and many other non pp's, I think I had him on a KJ, possibly suited in spades, but didn't have to be. Normally I would have folded to the re raise and just waited for a better spot, I think, but I figured that it was 50/50 so I was getting a little there and I could make it back off of him if I lost and he stayed at the table. Anyway, I put him all in and he called and flipped over KK. On the turn a blank and the river one of my two outs, I boat up, he loses and I feel like a dirty old man.
Moral of the story, if you play aggressive people will not respect your good hands so you can drag them in when you do get a premium hand, but they will suck out occasionally.

Was my all in horrible given the fact that he really could have had rags?