Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: 2001FP

Just got mine today and it's very nice. You mentioned gaming though, and as a guy that used to take gaming pretty seriously, I can say it's not as nice as a CRT. You won't be able to get silky smooth framerate without turning off vsync, and for first person shooter games, it gets blurry and difficult to track objects that are moving quickly. It's still my first day getting used to it though.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:44 PM

I am actually more concerned about how movies look than games, I don't play games as much anymore, and if I got back into them I could always hook my 21" CRT back up. How is the image quality/ghosting in movies? Is there much difference?
Old 06-20-2005, 08:58 PM

Movies are just fine, no ghosting. Image quality is very close to that of a CRT.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You absolute must use a DVI cable, VGA makes the image very blurry in comparison. It's a lot better on the eyes. Ghosting exists, but it's not worse than any other high quality TFT's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my lord this looks nice. One question though. I connected it using the blue video cable because there doesn't seem to be a DVI connection on my computer. I looked at the DVI cable and I don't even think I've ever seen a connection look like that. How do I use this white DVI cable?
Old 06-20-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You absolute must use a DVI cable, VGA makes the image very blurry in comparison. It's a lot better on the eyes. Ghosting exists, but it's not worse than any other high quality TFT's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my lord this looks nice. One question though. I connected it using the blue video cable because there doesn't seem to be a DVI connection on my computer. I looked at the DVI cable and I don't even think I've ever seen a connection look like that. How do I use this white DVI cable?

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have a video card that supports DVI. There are low-end DVI video cards that aren't too expensive. In my opinion, it's worth it to upgrade for DVI (if you get a cheaper card of course).
Old 06-20-2005, 09:15 PM

Thanks. I will be on the lookout for one.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:17 PM

So, my laptop has no DVI, am I screwed for this connection? I do not believe I can change my video card. No big deal really, it looks pretty good with the blue cable, and my next purchase will probably be a knew computer so I can run two of these monsters.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those who have switched from a CRT to the 2001FP, do you find it a lot easier on your eyes? I ordered one because my eyes were getting really sore multitabling on the CRT with a refresh rate of 85hz. Also, is the image quality about the same as a CRT, or is it better when using a DVI cable? How do movies and games look on it? Can you notice much ghosting? Needless to say, I can't wait until it arrives [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a CRT running at 60hz. I would wake up w/ headaches the morning after a long session. I am suprised I haven't had a seizure yet because I could pretty much see the refresh (blinking light) on my monitor. The LCD is soooo much better.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:52 AM

i upgraded from a 17" crt to the 2001fp. i guess i have to get used to it, but i have a few gripes about it. first of all its extremely bright, i even turned down the brightness on the monitor to -0- and its still too bright. so i went into my catalyst control panel (video card) and i lowered the brightness/contrast even more. next i began to play one of my favorite games to see how it would look. the game looked too bright on the 2001fp. it seems like you cant get a true black color with LCDs. Lastly, i keep getting a very slight glaring effect in the lower right corner in games. i dont think its the backlight problem. try standing up and looking down at your screen and you will probably notice a hazey effect.. is that normal?
Old 06-21-2005, 02:00 AM

yea, I noticed that too w/ a black backround, the hazy effect. I assume its normal, I have no problems at all w/ this thing, its awesome.