Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 01:16 PM

Default YACOPH - Yet Another Converter Of Poker Hands

Parsing online poker hand histories has interested me for a long time. My initial attempts, begun about three years ago, generally ended when I would get sidetracked by real life or other projects. Recently I started a side project to build a system allowing a player to create a poker situation diagram by filling out a web-based form. The diagrams themselves resemble those found in Dan Harrington's Harrington On Hold'em. However, it occurred to me that it would be nice to be able to just paste a hand history into the form and get the diagram back.

Not being all that interested in starting another hand history parsing project, I looked at the hand converter written by bisonbison that is in common use. After attempting to understand Bison's hhconverter.cgi script, I decided it would probably be easier for me to just refactor the code and gain understanding that way.

The YACOPH project is the outcome of that refactoring. Very little, if any, of Bison's original code remains. However, his code was instrumental in pointing me in the right direction as I designed this system.

At this point the code only handles PartyPoker hold'em histories, but all the framework is there to handle other games and sites. I'm going to continue working on this, but I wanted to make the code available to anyone who is interested.

You'll find a zip file containing what I have so far here.

The code is Perl and is pretty well modularized. There's a reference implementation of a frontend that shows how the pieces work together. Also, there are some docs that give some information on how things work. You'll also find a test hand history and some other test data.

There are many, many bugs and not all situations are accounted for - not even in the implemented PartyPoker routines. So, enjoy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Let me know if there are questions.

Regars,

T