Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Hash Oil, a scumbag\'s primer (long, mainly for potheads)

Hello all, my name is Phil. You may know me as Jules22, occassional poster of boring hands in small stakes or one line responses in oot, but today i am here to educate. Firstly, if you are not a hardened veteran weed smoker, this thread is likely going to be boring. I am a california pot head, and have blazed just about the finest weed on God's green earth. But you can only go so far smoking weed before it's effect on you is mitigated by your tolerance. This is where hash oil comes in.

The name hash oil is a misnomer, it bears no relation to its cousin "hashish" other than they both contain thc and are derived from weed. a primer on how to make this is posted on erowid here

I am here mainly to inform the crusty unkempt masses on how to use this fantastic stuff. It basically looks like crystallized bee honey, if you've ever seen that before, or perhaps a little less sticky molasses. Due to the high proliferation in marijuana growing out here on the left coast, in addition to the legalization of weed by prescription, means that this oil is coming into circulation again. Now you can spread this over weed, and it does help a bit, but is like feeding steak to a pig, its a waste.

So how to use it? Well that is the real trick. Applying a direct flame to this substance doesnt work for some reason i couldnt explain, you have to heat it to vaporize the oil into a smoke. The best thing to do this are charcoal incense tablets you can buy here. set one of these tablets on fire, you can usually break em up into 3rds to save em.

Once the tablet is lit, get a paperclip or something similar. get a dab onto the end of the clip, and grab a straw. hold the dab of oil over the stone until it begins to liquify. allow the liquid to drip onto the stone, where it will release smoke. use the straw to inhale the smoke, but beware, this stuff expands very quickly, and will annihilate your lungs, so dont say i didnt warn you. but, the high level of thc in this will leave you stoned for a long time.

An alternative method is to construct a makeshift bong with a straw, and an empty water bottle. poker a hole in the front of the bottle and insert the straw in the hole. seal the area with glue or tape. poke a carb hole in the back and then use the top of the bottle as the top of the bong. heat the oil up like in the first example, inhale thru the straw the smoke fills the chamber, once the chamber is full take your finger off the carb and hold on for dear life. pm me if this is not clear, i tried to draw an ascii picture and was defeated.

Anyway, that just what we're up to in California. Enjoy, and please, no holier than thou responses, ive never thought of myself as anything more than a scumbag.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Hash Oil, a scumbag\'s primer (long, mainly for potheads)

tyvm. since i'm suddenly single it looks like i have a project for the weekend.

i've made bubble hash, is this similar?
Old 06-02-2005, 01:06 AM

the term bubble hash doesnt ring a bell, but probably not. this stuff is sticky like roofing tar and it takes A LOT of weed to make this stuff, poke around on erowid on google for tips of that variety, im afraid im not much help there :X
Old 06-02-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the term bubble hash doesnt ring a bell, but probably not. this stuff is sticky like roofing tar and it takes A LOT of weed to make this stuff, poke around on erowid on google for tips of that variety, im afraid im not much help there :X

[/ QUOTE ]

The way you make it is totally different. I think bubble hash is a lot like real hash that you can make at home. Hash oil seems to be totally different.

i will try this recipe and report back.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:13 AM

I remember having this years ago. It really was nasty on the lungs, but definitely did the job.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:21 AM

I was told hash is made from the people who pick the marijuana or whatever they do get this [censored] all over their fingers. They then roll it off their fingers and that becomes the hash?

Sounds pretty nasty to me. Finger in his ass one second and all over your hash the next.

I dont touch the stuff either way, but that would seal the deal for me.

rJ
Old 06-02-2005, 03:02 AM

I live in British Columbia and this stuff goes around and there is nothing better then it since it's made from the best pot in the world, ours [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2005, 03:18 AM

I haven't smoked weed for 18 years, so I'm way out of the loop here. On a related note, my buddy and I got a quarter ounce of some very crystallized weed one night and proceeded to scrape off all of the crystals. We each got one hit, after which we waited to see what would happen. After about 10 minutes of nothing, whammo!. Is this the kind of high you get from hash oil? I'd start smoking agian, but after quitting and then seeing how stupid people who are high act, I'm not sure I'd want to start again. I don't want to highjack the thread and turn it into a rant against pot smokers--I had a blast with my pot smoking experience. Maybe when my kid is grown and gone I'll spark up again, but probably not.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:50 AM

The few times I've smoked hash oil or honey oil or whatever you wanna call it, I was stoned out of my ass. Seriously, like really, really stoned. I couldn't even think straight. I'm never touching that stuff again. Kush alone gets me high as [censored] these days. I haven't smoked in months though so I bet stress will get me high.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:14 AM

is there anyway to incorporate hash into some sort of cooking recipe? Personally, i am not a huge fan of the actual smoking portion.