Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 05-09-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Darts

I've decided to get a few of my groomsmen each a set of nice steel-tipped darts as their wedding present. We usually play 2 days a week at my friends house and right now we're using soft-tipped darts on his electronic board (which he told me takes soft and steel-tipped darts. These are getting annoying as the tips are constantly being bent.

I went to The Dart SuperStore and they have links to Laser Darts , Horizon Darts , and Bottelson Darts with each manufacturer having several different brands.

What I was wondering was if there is really a difference in quality between something like the Horizon Pro's for $34.99/set and something like the Laserdart Blackwidows which run $147.99/set. Obviously I'm not going to spend $150 for a set of darts.

I was looking to spend between $30 and $50 for their sets and was wondering if anyone here plays and what their favorite brands/models are.

Also, I was watching some dart show on ESPN the other night. I think it was The World Series of Darts, and I was amazed at how precise these guys are. How on earth do they do so well? Does it just take years of practice?

I am in no way affiliated with the sites I listed, it was just the first link for a dart store after googling 'darts'.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Darts

The expensive darts are made out of a very dense metal so that they can be very thin, but still weigh enough. Pro's like thin shafts so that they can fit all three into the triple 20 spot or bullseye.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:09 PM

ive never heard of an electronic board that can handle steel tips? id imagine it would get destroyed quickly?
btw, the plastic tips last a while it seems, but you can get a jar of 200 for like $5
Old 05-09-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The expensive darts are made out of a very dense metal so that they can be very thin, but still weigh enough. Pro's like thin shafts so that they can fit all three into the triple 20 spot or bullseye.

[/ QUOTE ]

The expensive ones and the cheaper ones are both made with 90% tungsten.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:19 AM

You can't buy nice steel tipped darts for less than $50.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:21 AM

I've had two sets of really good darts. I lost both the same way. I got drunk and left them in some bar and someone took them. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]