Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games

Old 04-25-2005, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Magic: The Gathering

I only need 52 of the same cards everytime I play poker I don't have to go out and pay $300 every month or so because someone invents a new bunch of poker cards. I think magic was fun when I played it up until 1st Revision then it sucked dicks because every monkey was playing it and I was 14 and had no disposable cash. Also I have no cards left from any of my alpha or beta cards because they were all ripped off, this was my number one gripe with magic, I couldn't go anywhere with out getting my stuff stolen.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:01 PM

I had someone cut the top of my convertable and take my first set of power. I was SAD [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Since then I got 2 more sets, but it is saddening to have to start all over. I seriously considered giving it up for good. It also seems like most people "quit" MtG multiple times. I know I quit once for about a year and then got back in it eventually. It was like MtG was all I thought about. Now poker is all I think about.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think it is cool that basically a few of my MtG friends got me into poker playing for $10 buyins and then I surpassed them all. I feel kinda bad when they ask me over to play at their house for $10 buyin games and I say no because I am going to sit at home in front of the computer and play $215 sngs.
Jcardshark

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing 215 sngs is no excuse to ditch ur friends. I play 15/30, yet host a weekly 5$ buy in NL tournament at my appartment. You gotta think of it as a social thing, not a money making opportunity. Would you not hang out with your friends on poker nights because you where a high paid CEO and they couldnt pay you enough to make it worth your while?
Old 04-26-2005, 03:13 AM

Well, when it comes to most of the people I played MtG with, I wouldnt be caught dead out in public with them. As for the poker buddies I came to know, I hanestly have not hung out with in about 2 months. I called some of them up and we are going to play tomorrow night. Thanks for getting me back into the world. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Playing 215 sngs is no excuse to ditch ur friends. I play 15/30, yet host a weekly 5$ buy in NL tournament at my appartment. You gotta think of it as a social thing, not a money making opportunity. Would you not hang out with your friends on poker nights because you where a high paid CEO and they couldnt pay you enough to make it worth your while?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this I do the same, a 5$ entry on a thursday evening, its a lot of fun.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:03 PM

I saw the new magic expansion, and it looks pretty sweet, plus 9th edition is coming out soon. So, I might start playing again.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:08 PM

Noooooo, resist the urge of the cardboard crack.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:04 AM

When I was younger like 9-16 I was playing MTG with my friends all of the time and realized I was a huge money sucker! New cards all the time....being that age it was hard to come up with some good cards, but I somehow managed. Then my buds and I all found poker and MTG since has been history. I have a couple of grand worth of cards.....proably should just get rid of them.....but MTG was def the road I took into my Poker playing life.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:45 AM

MTG was how I got into poker as well. Poker is very popular among Swedish MTG players.

By the way, 9th ed. will be printed in russian. Those cards will look really cool, so I feel a little tempted to take it up again... (I still have most of my cards, I'm selling off moxen and other stuff atm.)
Old 05-13-2005, 03:09 PM

I haven't even THOUGHT about MTG in like 5 years or so. I just remembered I have a ton of cards somewhere. Mostly the "main" edition that came out in the mid 90's. I remember cards like Force of Nature, Shivan Dragon, etc...if that helps. Anyway, I had a ridiculous amount of these cards, as well as a few "rarer" cards back in the day. I think I have a complete set of the Mox ones, an Ali From Cairo, an Ancestral Recall and a few others that I can't remember. Are these worth anything anymore or are they complete garbage in terms of reselling?