Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 04-22-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Many Random Thoughts

Someone actually made a post in the MTT about good links to posts recently.

I think a few of the biggest areas people struggle with, me included, are getting past the middle point of the tourney link , when stealing blinds becomes far more important. I am eagerly awaiting Vol 2 of HoH where he covers the middle to late part of tournies and those inflection points where your tourney life is made or broken. Vol 1 really helped to get me to the middle parts of a tourney consitently, but I really have to work more on stealing blinds and defending, which I believe are keeping me from being a much better tourney player.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Very Long & Boring

This has been fascinating for me.

I actually started playing online poker in the Sit-N-Go's, and I was pretty successful at it, but was getting frustrated at borderline calls, so wanted to read up and know what to do better.

The first couple weeks I played I was in an MTT on Pacific and finished 3rd or 5th or something like that. It was a $2 tourney, but I won something like $89. I think the next place up was in the $100's.

So I bought books, started reading them, and started playing limit. And my SnG game and MTT game has gone to $#!^.

So I recently got HoH and have been playing on the Party free roll MTT's with party points just to practice what I'm reading and getting free experience at MTT's again.

Because MTT's is really want I want to be doing, too.

KO