Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 04-20-2005, 01:49 AM

Default JJ multiway

loose-ish table.

UTG is a bit of a thinker. He is 31/18/2 over 50 hands. He's a bit too aggressive, but knows how to slow down as well.

UTG+1 is much too loose and passive preflop. He is loose-passive postflop as well, but I have seen him bluff a couple of times as well.

UTG+2 is LLLLPPPPP. 74/4/0.3 or something. After his preflop 3-bet he has ~1BB left in his stack. He seems like the type who could tilt away the end of it.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero...?
Old 04-20-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: JJ multiway

Wow interesting question. If he had money $$$ sitting in front of him I'd call as we don't look to be in great shape against his range of hands. But since he is almost all-in, we can build a side pot that we will most likely win. Since we don't have to play against him after the flop bet, I like capping preflop to get closer to building a side pot.

Brad
Old 04-20-2005, 01:54 AM

Calls.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:00 AM

-grunch-

Cap and eval on flop.

UTG probably has a good hand, because he's under-the-gun, but he raises way too many hands before the flop. This makes it more difficult. My first thought with a raiser with those stats is ATo, a smaller PP, or mabye KQo. There's only three hands you are behind to at this point so you have to eval.

UTG+1 could have anything.

UTG+2 is short-stacked, get it into the table so you can work on UTG and UTG+1. Build that side-pot!

MP3 called three cold. He can't be that good.

Alternatively, you could fold to the 3-bet and pretend the flop came AAK.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:06 AM

I think that it's fairly obvious that the right move is to cap it and get to work on a side pot. However, I didn't notice that he was shortstacked until I'd already made my FLOP decision, and didn't adjust accordingly. So now we've got this dude with 1BB and a bunch of other dudes in the pot. What is your flop line? Would it change if he was not shortstacked?

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero...?
Old 04-20-2005, 02:19 AM

I'd bet out here, raggy board and no guarrenties that UTG will bet this for us.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:24 AM

Pre-flop: Cap it and use forbidden arts to flop a set. I hate capping with JJ, but I hate folding and calling with it more.

Flop: You nearly have pot odds to go chasing a set. Ergo, this pot is nigh impossible to protect. Bet and hope UTG bricked with overcards. You may even want to 3-bet this; since UTG (according to your read) is a bit on the wild side. Call down if capped, though (barring a miracle J or runner-runner straight).

-K
Old 04-20-2005, 02:32 AM

this board is just as raggity to AK or AQ. would a thinking player not bet overcards?
Old 04-20-2005, 02:39 AM

here's my thinking: with how aggressive UTG is, his not capping pf indicates overcards, and to be honest, I want him out of the pot with those. UTG+2 is betting for sure. I chose to c/r UTG+2 in an attempt to knock out UTG, and put UTG+1 in a tough spot where he's putting in $$ at a disadvantage(I don't really ever expect him to fold). so, here's what went down:

<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (11.62 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds.