Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: 88...could be boring. Looking for input from n00bs

FLOP- id bet out and see where im at, may be able to find out if there are any made straights. If MP1 raises me that obviously good. I prob have the best hand and a re-draw to the boat, an MP1 raise it may be able to knock out some gutshots and gives me value.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:00 AM

Just saw the turn and river up.

Turn looks good, pretty simple.

River is a check/call for me unless its 2 back to me.

I couldnt see myself good here in any situation when its bet and raised back 2 me.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:11 AM

I think I check raise the flop. Cap if it's 3 bet. I know a lot of people like to wait until the turn to raise, but I dislike that idea. Flush / straight draws do have the odds to call you, but your pot equity with a flush is huge. Huge. Plus, even if they do hit their flush, you have 10 outs to a full house or better on the river, and you will get paid off. I tend to play sets very fast.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:14 AM

I like to bet-fold here. If your opponents are passive enough they probably won't try a river bluff raise. But I do see you getting paid of by someone with 2 pair, etc.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:46 AM

I am fairly new to hold'em and math in general, but I would play it this way.

I would check/raise. I know every noob in the world probably makes the same play, but hear is why I would.

You probably have the best hand hear. The pot is prity big so I don't think that raising is going to chase out either a flush draw or an open ender, probably not even a gut shot.

I would expect MP1 to raise on this as he is probably on over cards or a PP. MP3 will probably call it, but if he should happen to raise we can take it as a warning that he hit.

No read on the others, but once it is back to us, since we can't chase them out and we have the best hand atm atleast we can trap them in.

If for somereason no one bets out we can always try and drive them out on the turn, and depending on the cards/play make our call as to weather we are still ahead.

*shrug* how bad did i mess it up, I didnt read the others yet. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2005, 04:00 AM

Not too bad...Here's my take:

The flop: This is the first important decision. (Almost) Undoubtedly, we have the best hand here. We want: a) to get in lots of $$ while we have a good equity edge. and b) drive out some hands that will give us fits (draws)

While c/r'ing will do a good job of (a), it does sweet dick-all for (b). Really, the only people we are looking to push off here are people with hands like A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]X [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

So, we bet, and MP1 will likely raise and maybe drop a couple of backdoor hands for us. This gives us the opportunity to 3-bet and build up the pot with the best hand right now + a great chance to improve.

Turn: Pretty straightforward. Best hand, bet it.

River: An interesting scenario that comes up pretty frequently. Usually we like to value bet the river with a good hand, but the correct play here is a check/call. I want to see a SD here with my set. The most likely draw just came in. There are 2 opponents, increasing the chance that a T is in play. We could bet and fold to a raise, but I'm not 95% sure that they're not bluff-raising here so I would have to call it. Checking might induce a bluff from 2-pair or a missed flush draw. Check/call this river.