Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Re: 88...could be boring. Looking for input from n00bs

[ QUOTE ]
They could show me the straight and i still would call.

They could show me the straight and i still would reraise. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

A classic one-up from shill..NH.

Anyways, I got so excited about the flopped set, that I did not take into consideration the coordination of the board when I was making my flop decision. I think that betting and 3-betting here is the way to go.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (13.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, Button folds.

River: (16.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero...??

The turn is kind of uninteresting here. What should I do on the river?? It just completed a very likely draw and the pot is friggin huge.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You would be very wrond to fold the turn, even if it were the T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. How many outs would you have? How big is the pot likely to be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

They could show me the straight and i still would reraise. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

well as long at least 4opponents remain, and likely all5 if any will fold to the raise but the basic point is there
Old 04-11-2005, 12:40 AM

That's an awful river card, well it could be the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]... which is possibly the only worse card..
I'd bet... And pray probally. I'd make a crying call depending on the action back to me... though i do it too much on the river...
Checking just feels too weak, and i don't particularly want to show weakness...

And yes I got pwned by Shill...move along [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 04-11-2005, 12:40 AM

Hero bets. I'm hoping that MP1 will raise and face most of the field with two bets cold.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:42 AM

I would check and seriously hope it's only one bet to me. If there's a bet and a raise, I would think that a fold is in order.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:43 AM

I'm a bit suprised by the responses thus far. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

<font color="white">Good to see you know how to river quads. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Flop: I would go for a check/raise as well. There are more potential trapees (word?) by check/raising rather then betting.

Turn: Yeah.

River: I don't advocate going for a check/call very often, but this looks to be the perfect time. The size of the pot would be the main consideration here for me.</font>

Brad
Old 04-11-2005, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A classic one-up from shill..NH.

Anyways, I got so excited about the flopped set, that I did not take into consideration the coordination of the board when I was making my flop decision. I think that betting and 3-betting here is the way to go.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (13.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, Button folds.

River: (16.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero...??</font>

The turn is kind of uninteresting here. What should I do on the river?? It just completed a very likely draw and the pot is friggin huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop looks good, turn looks good. Wow, really crappy river.
I can't see what would call that you beat, except maybe two-pair. I say, check it. If its one bet back to you, make the crying call. If it gets bet and raised again, I think it's a safe fold.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:47 AM

I check/call the river unless it is 2 bets back to me, then I would most likely fold.

You bet it though (you can tell by the red), but if it goes raise, re-raise i would drop it.

Btw, I check call bc it can get someone to bluff, no one with a hand that beats you is folding (maybe pocket 9s, but that is so unlikely)...
Old 04-11-2005, 12:57 AM

As for the river play...I think that I would check/call if I had to do it again. betting was, in my opinion, mildly retarded. We can't beat anything that raises us, but we can't really fold for the sake of the pot size. If we check, we may induce a bluff, or get a free showdown...neither is terrible.

also, <font color="red">I am retarded </font>