Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Hmmm AQs hand

[ QUOTE ]
He's closing in on your post count ya know....... Aren't you going to do something about that?!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Shillx
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/20/04

[/ QUOTE ]

~4000 posts in less than less than 5 months, or about 30 posts a day, each and every day. Now that's a dedicated 2+2'er [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2005, 11:51 AM

The check raise of the flop was interesting, guess that's the better way to do it since the pre-flop aggressor is to your left.

I'm also not sure of the check on the River, what happens if both decide to check through? Of course I'd expect you to raise if it comes back to you for a single bet.

As far as reads, if villian had a set he's just not betting it, so it's more likely he's got AK top pair, maybe two pair AQ, AJ. I doubt that he has the KT for a straight. MP3 has me confused, cold calling raises, he could be on a flush draw spades but really who knows, if he shows aggression like raising a river bet by Villian I'd suspect he has a straight.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why aren't people putting villain on AK?

He's 25/8/1.2. Which means he's TA-passive. He won't cap it on the flop with an AK, most likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 30 hands of stats on this guy using the aggression factor is pretty much useless. 30 hands, he's put money in 25% of the time so we have very few hands to judge his postflop aggression on.

I'd also bet the river.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:23 PM

Bet the river. Call a raise.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:25 PM

I didn't put him on AK because I think AK would be playing this flop a lot more aggressively. There's an obvious straight draw, and allowing people to see a cheap turn card that could very well ruin his hand seems like a mistake.

He could have been waiting to see if a safe turn card came before committing a lot of money to the pot, but the turn card isn't safe at all with now a flush draw to worry about as well... unless villain has spades.

That's why I ruled out AK. So KQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] seems most likely.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Results

Hmm interesting that so many people fear a check through here. He isn't going to check a set or AQ/AJ. I doubt he will check AK as well. Anyway the main reason why I checked was to see what MP3 would do. Had it gone bet-fold behind me I would have called. If MP3 had T8 (a possible hand) and made a straight I wanted to know. I figure I'm probably good/tied (but again I don't want to get into a spew fest HU in case he is slowplaying me or whatever) when the villian just calls my turn 3-bet and I want MP3's money going into the pot more then anything. I'm still very much open to betting though and I'll read the replies more in-depth in a bit. Here is the river action.

River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] checks, Villian bets, MP3 calls, Hero raises, Villian calls, MP3 calls.

Villian has AQ for the chop chop.
MP3 has A4 for one pair.

Brad
Old 03-13-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Results

Told you you should have bet =p
Old 03-13-2005, 05:02 PM

Your gonna look dumb when he checks through with AK. Not enough hands to really judge his postflop aggression factor though. I either wind up looking like a genius or an idiot when I try these plays, but more times the idiot. I think you have a better idea than me when they will work though, so its probably worth a try. The problem I think is if unknown MP3 is the one to bet the river. Then you don't know what to do.

Ok just read the results and you look like a genius but it worked out the best possible way. Well I guess you are pretty good at picking these spots. I don't know why you got a strange reaction though, they must not be this cool.

Oh I 3 bet preflop.

-DeathDonkey
Old 03-13-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Results

Aweome this Checkraise worked out for you. I don't really know if villain will bet enough times after you've 3-bet him on the turn. Glad it worked out well.