Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 12-20-2005, 04:08 PM

Default How do I cleanse my computer from Party Recognition?

So, I want to open a new party account after closing all prior accounts. I erase the program and erase internet cookies.
I reinstall party and try and signup as a new account. However Party recognizes me and states that for purposes of collusion prevention, they will not allow multiple accounts for the same user.

Can I do somethin like run regit and delete their implant. How do I get them not to recognize me?
Old 12-20-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: How do I cleanse my computer from Party Recognition?

I think the only sure fire way is to reformat or use a computer that has never had Party installed on it.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, I want to open a new party account after closing all prior accounts. I erase the program and erase internet cookies.
I reinstall party and try and signup as a new account. However Party recognizes me and states that for purposes of collusion prevention, they will not allow multiple accounts for the same user.

Can I do somethin like run regit and delete their implant. How do I get them not to recognize me?

[/ QUOTE ]

They have your IP address (quite possibly your MAC address I have been told as well), so there is no amount of cleaning that you can do most likely. They do this to prevent collusion.

craig
Old 12-26-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Regedit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER >> Software >> then delete (Party skin) folder.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >>SOFTWARE>> Calculator>> (delete the UCID file)

Also, I search all files and folders for Party and delete the relavant files. I do the same in regedit, but it may not be necessary. Just be sure you know what you are deleting. If in doubt, just leave it and see if it works. It's really not as bad as most people make it sound. I think the UCID one is what most people would miss if they didn't know about it.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They have your IP address (quite possibly your MAC address I have been told as well), so there is no amount of cleaning that you can do most likely. They do this to prevent collusion.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I vaguely remember someone saying they can change their IP address. Is this possible or was this guy full of crap?
Old 12-29-2005, 04:03 AM

IP address in this case is assigned by your ISP. It's really just a matter of calling them and saying, "I want a new IP, some 'tard on IRC is screwing with me. I want a new ID."