Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-27-2005, 08:19 PM

Default KQ. Two pair.

No reads, new to this limit so I got no hands on many players.

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

I may still be ahead here to AK, JJ, TT or QJ(!!?. I will call and re-evalute on turn.

Turn: (3.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero ...

Nice card here. This card can have change alot since I now beat AA too and UTG+2 check/raise may indicate AK here? Or maybe even KK. I'm not sure what to do but I would love to raise it here. What is your line?
Old 12-27-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Re: KQ. Two pair.

id fold this unless you have a good read/handle on the opener and then i'd 3-bet. This may be a spot where some would float (Re: W. Deranged) but im not sure when that is correct. Anyway, yah, call and wait for the turn or go ahead and raise the flop, either way is goot sometimes. i would 3 bet the turn, looks like he has AK and is getting tricky. actually you might split this pot.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:42 PM

I doubt this is AK, but I would call down anyway.

If you raise and he caps you're screwed, but you have outs against 88, 99 and QQ that I wouldn't want to give up. He could also be freerolling you. (Although that's not very likely.)

He also might be capable of folding a worse hand, so you might potentially lose a bet on the river by raising the turn.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:46 PM

I favor 3 betting, but not much over calling. The King hit your opponent. He's either got AK, KQ, or KK. There's more ways he can have AK, but would he checkraise that with this board?
Old 12-27-2005, 08:49 PM

What does "float" mean?

I like your cold call preflop. It's a strong hand that's got a lot of potential - both drawing- and top pair wise - and you can easily release it if you don't like the flop.

I'd raise the flop to see where I'm at. If I get three-bet, I'd suspect an overpair or AQ and peel one off.

Since you caught an awesome turn card, I'd three-bet for value. If it gets capped, I'd put him on a KK or QQ but still call him down just in case he has AK.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:58 PM

What about 88, 99, or QQ?

What's your line if he caps the turn and leads the river and you don't fill up?

If your mind is set on showing down unimproved, which it probably should be against an unknown opponent, the way to do it is call/call.

Otherwise, you end up doing this:

[ QUOTE ]
Since you caught an awesome turn card, I'd three-bet for value. If it gets capped, I'd put him on a KK or QQ but still call him down just in case he has AK.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-27-2005, 09:10 PM

Preflop is a fold to me against an unknown. You're hand is often dominated by an early position raise.

Flop you should raise for value. If villain 3-bets you should start fearing a better a hand. In this case I would calldown UI.

The way you played it I suspect villain has the same hand as you or AK maybe. A flopped straight seems unlikely since few people raise JTs from EP. KK and QQ are less likely since there only one combo of each. 88 and 99 deserves some consideration. I'd just calldown since there seems to be fewer hand we're ahead of.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:08 PM

I am with toss here that you need to fold this pre-flop unless you have noticed ALOT of cold calling. KQs isnt an ideal hand HU against an EP raiser (for domination reasons), you need to KNOW that you are going to get some more people in this hand to make coldcalling here profitable.

I much prefer raising the flop to just calling here. I think it makes the hand alot easier to play down the line not to mention you are ahead here a fair amount of the time. If he calls your raise then lines you up on the turn for the checkraise then its an easier fold.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:10 AM

I never fold this preflop, dont know if its a leak or not but yea, I was hoping for at least 1 or more callers behind me here. Playing it heads up was not my intention and I would be more happy to play it against 3 or 4. I kinda of wimped out on the hand, since I was putting him on AK why didn't I play it like he had AK. Bah.

Rest of the hand:

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (3.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.75 BB.
Results in white below:<font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG+2 has Ts Th (a pair of tens.)
Hero has Ks Qs (two pairs, kings and queens.)
Hero wins 9.50 BB.
</font>
Old 12-28-2005, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise the flop to see where I'm at.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not the purpose of a raise.