Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-22-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Screwing around on micro limits--was this stupid?

I've been on a bit of a downswing so I was playing some Bodog $10NL to shore up my confidence. Bodog has no PT compatability so I apologize for the imperfect formating.

No reads except that everyone is terrible. This table will call anything which is why I was so passive.
Note: This is not how I play at higher stakes.

Hero is CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

2 limpers, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to hero, hero checks

Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to hero, hero checks

River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, MP1 goes all-in, MP2 calls, hero calls

I would NEVER call this at a higher limit because the overcall pretty much guarantees a flush. But I figure that with these players there's a a better than 1/3 chance that they both have a wheel and I win with the 6-high straight. Or one could easily have two pair or even just top pair. Does this sound reasonable or just stupid? I only need to win 1/3 time for this to be profitable.

Results below:
<font color="white">Actually BB has 68 clubs for the flush and rakes a massive (for micro limit) $40 pot. So the other two players had hands I probably beat, barring an unlikely 67. </font>
Old 12-22-2005, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Screwing around on micro limits--was this stupid?

I havent really played micros at bodog, but at this point, overcalling 2 allins with this straight on a 3-flush board in an unraised pot that jumps to action when the last club hits... what separates you from the rest of the fish?
Old 12-22-2005, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what separates you from the rest of the fish?

[/ QUOTE ]
He's calling you out, I expect to see you at the next 2+2 private ring game
Old 12-22-2005, 04:54 AM

On bodog, it wouldn't be unusual for pusher to have middle pair or air or the caller to have top pair. I can't explain how bad these people are. A typical hand is limp, flop TPTK, bet pot and get called on all 3 streets, have villain turn over AA.--I'm just saying that based on this ludicrous level of play, I don't think that it's unreasonable to question that I'm against a flush more than 2/3 time. I freely admit this line would be suicidal at 25NL or above. I think you have to gamble more the lower you go because you have none of the normal indicators to tell you where you stand in a hand.