Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-20-2005, 09:42 PM

Default 2 AA hands that made me feel like ****

These two hands happened in less than 10 minutes. In the first, the guy is nearly all-in and a bit too loose and passive.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls $3 (All-In).

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

As you can see, he was all in on the end, and the river made me crazy or something. Is this a fold on the turn? If not, I should just call the river, right?

In the 2nd, no specific reads and not enough hands to trust the stats, but the winner is 40/6 with an AF of 3 and the other villain only had $4 left when he folds.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero folds...

Here, I'm basically looking at this as an overcall situation. UTG bets out of nowhere, and then the guy raises.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: 2 AA hands that made me feel like ****

I'm not folding that turn in hand 1, I just picked up outs. Maybe call the river raise.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not folding that turn in hand 1, I just picked up outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

outs?
Old 12-20-2005, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not folding that turn in hand 1, I just picked up outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

outs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's saying that if the button is betting a diamond flush, the turn gives you outs to a FH.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:09 PM

Against a flopped flush, set, 2 pr, whatever you think he has that's beating you on the turn. If hes got a K, well it happens. And there's still the chance that you've got him beat and he's donking off his stack.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:13 PM

The raise on the flop had me leaning toward a K in his hand.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The raise on the flop had me leaning toward a K in his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? That's a pretty narrow group of holdings. If you think you are way behind, and are playing the hand that way, why not C/C down? You lead the river with the 2nd nuts and got raised. If your read is that he's got a K, why call the river raise, nevermind the 3 bet/cap scenario?
Old 12-20-2005, 10:21 PM

Obviously, the river changed my mind slightly. I kind of started thinking more of value raises...I may be behind, but likely I'm not. Is that really bad thinking?
Old 12-20-2005, 10:27 PM

No, I don't think so. I think you played it fine. And you have to be able to re-evaluate your hand strength as the hand progresses.

Honestly I didn't review your hand street by street, I looked at the whole thing then started thinking. That's not a fair analysis, and I apologize for that. I think there is a difference in looking at it as a whole in a vacuum, and correlating that to how the hand plays at live-speed. I'd probably have capped the river as well.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:38 PM

Thanks for the vote of confidence.