Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-11-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Sure i butchered K9

68/16/1.38 @ 25hands.

Went HU with him once, He had 88 he 3bet preflop and i capped with AKo in position. Flop was 9JQQA in the end.

He riased my flop bet and i called, i checked the flop and peeled getting around 8:1, I hit my ace and chcked it he checked behind and i won.

He's been very aggressive but also hitting 2pair on the turn and wacking the cash.

I just went HU vs him again on a blindsteal with A5s, I flopped an acer on 34A and bet he called, he checked raised the turn Queen and i called down.

He flipped Q3o. I also just beat his Q5o on a AKQ5x board(Capping the turn, betting the river with my AKs). #

Hes pretty much a lag but hitting nice cards so AF is distorted.

He is small blind
Compliments of PokerGeek
Absolute Limit Hold'em Ring - $1/$2 Stakes (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is LP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero raises, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Small blind calls, Big blind calls

Flop: (5.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Small blind checks, Big blind checks, Hero bets, Small blind calls, Big blind calls

Turn: (4.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Small blind checks, Big blind checks, Hero bets, Small blind raises, Big blind calls, Hero calls

River: (10.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Small blind bets, Big blind folds, Hero calls

Final Pot: $23.75

Results not shown
Old 12-11-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Sure i butchered K9

He's also Checked river with KK on KJ864 when BDFD completed after turn was 3bet HU(Vs KQ) in position.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:23 PM

--blind response from downswingturnspewIsuckatpokerland--

pf: I usually wait for the CO to raise that, especially vs blinds who like to defend.

I also think I threebet that turn, but I'm bad about spewing on the turn lately. I think he could be checkraising you with a naked King or another two pair a lot of the time here, as your flop bet could be with any two that you raised with. If he has a set you have outs to improve, and can reeval on the river.

The river also plays differently if you threebet and he just calls. Now he may just check the river, and you can bet with confidence.

As played, I like the river call, as the turn checkraise line is a bold one, and call a river raise with many hands that you beat. It would also suck to get raised there.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:25 PM

POKHER -

i think you need to 3bet that turn.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:26 PM

I usually fold this preflop.

The rest of the hand looks okay to me. If you three-bet the turn and it gets capped I'm hating my hand.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
POKHER -

i think you need to 3bet that turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I considered it, i feel my hand is very strong but the C/R from a fairly aggressive player(But his aggression is well placed, and hes running hot(Or not as he walks in my pairs alot so far)) kind of froze me a bit and getting capped sucked(I fear getting capped, It seems to be a natural fear lol even in full ring when i dont have "THE NUTS").
Old 12-11-2005, 08:46 PM

pokher, haven't i warned you about tha "getting capped sucked" bit???

please specify a range for villain on the turn. then specify which hands in those range will fold to your 3bet, which will call down, which will call the turn 3bet but fold the river, and which will cap turn and bet the river (assume if he caps, you call down). then calculate your EV for that line.

separately, calculate your ev for just calling down against that range.

don't base your play on fear, hunches, and who is/isn't running good.

edit: calling the flop, c/r the turn and betting river against a blind steal on a A34Q board with Q5o is not well placed aggression IMO
Old 12-11-2005, 08:49 PM

Lol, Yeah i guess your more aggressive than me and i need to work on my posflop(Turn/River) aggression.

I shall make some videos tommorow, will put them up and try plug this leak.

He flipped k5o and my hand was stronger. I felt i should have 3bet but the C/r froze me up..

Guess im a TAP at heart [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I kind of put him on a set... where as two pair was most likly maybe even TPTK! and im only behind KT and sets(Assuming he raises 99+ it'd be 55 and even if he doesn't raise them its pretty unlikly).

Cheers. +EV to raise the turn! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]