Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Bellagio 5K, Two Hands

[ QUOTE ]

Both seem like spots where your money obviously has to go in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-08-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As for what someone else mentioned somewhere, that Ted has a huge range. I don't think that's really true.

As for what he puts me on? I think he's got to decide whether I'm actually tilting/bluffing or I have the hand I'm representing.

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't his most likely range a medium pp? 88-JJ.
He may put you on the same range, plus higher pairs and AK. It is difficult for him to play something like JJ here. Do you think he's more likely to make a tough call or a tough lay down? You didn't mention if it represents a big part of his stack if he calls a push?
Old 12-08-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

isn't his most likely range a medium pp? 88-JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd put it at something like 88-QQ, AQ+.

How about the other guy preflop? The limper who called two raises cold? Wonder what he had.

[ QUOTE ]
It is difficult for him to play something like JJ here. Do you think he's more likely to make a tough call or a tough lay down? You didn't mention if it represents a big part of his stack if he calls a push?

[/ QUOTE ]

He has me covered only slightly. This is within the first 25 hands of play.

You did hit the crucial issue, though: is Ted gonna make a tough call, or a tough laydown.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:45 PM

Hmmm.. 1 hour levels and you survived the AA to have a 6K stack by the second hand....

You Jammed the turn on hand one and Ted folded.

Hand two I would probably fold, but then I have been a ..... WTP lately I hope you called.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1. Ted has a huge range here. He could be bagging 66, he could have an overpair, 45, hearts, or really anything. I'm not too sure if he thinks you are on tilt here, and considering that he is one of the best players in the world it is highly likely that he has a pretty good read on you as you have played your hand like AA up to this point. I check fold this here I think. That said, the key element to this hand is if he thinks you are tilting or not, which you have stated is unknown to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how good of a read forrest has. In my TV-only experience with him, he seems like a god amongst men, but folding AA to him in this spot would make him whatever the hell plays poker better than god.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:33 AM

So what happened? Could you get some more chips from hand 1? Did you survive hand 2?
Old 12-09-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Bellagio 5K, Two Hands. Results.

Hand one:

I did exactly what Strassa reccommended, fumbled with my chips and declared "allin." Ted went into a deep think. I eventually called a clock on him, which I don't think I've ever done while in a hand. Ted used the clock and folded, what he says (credibly) was JJ. He said "as soon as you called the clock I knew I was folding, just wanted to waste a minute of everyone's time." Wish I hadn't called the clock.

Hand two:

I called. She had 44.