Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 05:55 AM

Default Re: Forgetting which game I\'m playing

ent, HU here I'm also calling with any piece of the board here too. Given you're read I like how you played it. Granted it may bea leak of mine, but this seems like a good situation for the line you took
Old 12-06-2005, 05:58 AM

I think that AKs here plays it the same way. for one, AKs might very well be the best hand, and if not, then they have a butt load of outs against a random paired hand here, and have FE
Old 12-06-2005, 06:01 AM

I don't see the point in 3-betting this flop. If he has a flush draw then he also has 2 overcards, making his equity nearly as strong as yours on this flop. If he has a pocket pair or paired up from the board then you have little equity and are pissing away bets. If you think he's on a flush draw then call the flop CR and raise a non-heart turn. However, with the board pairing on the turn I would just call again. River call is fine.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why you're mentioning AK here. What's a general handrange for a 842hh flop checkraise+turn bet by a loose aggressive player?

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't seem convinced that he was a LAG. Against a true LAG then I like calling the 3 bet and calling down.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd rather you raise the turn, and then fold if he bets/raises again.

Of course, if it was me, I'd probably have simply called his raise on the flop and c/f the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's a range you're putting a LAG on for checkraising this flop and betting the turn?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting capping the flop and raising the turn, but alternatively just calling the flop bet and then raising the turn. Either way, I think the opponent's range is quite large.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:55 AM

I think villian could check/raise the flop w/ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s, a 4, a 2, an 8, any small pp, or even A hi. His range is pretty wide in teh BB, but when he caps, I'm thinking more [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s or a pair.
He bets the turn, still maybe a pair, he prolly still bets a flush draw.

What about popping the turn again?

or did you just want to get to showdown cheaply?

what hands do you put him on, do you think he could bluff cap the flop w/ nothing?
Old 12-06-2005, 11:11 AM

FLOP: I would just call the flop checkraise getting 7:1.

TURN: I would fold the turn getting 4:1. You have a pair of twos. You're probably behind. You will probably have to call another bet on the river to see a showdown.

RIVER: If I had decided to continue to the river with the hope BB would check or I would improve, unless I know BB to be the type that will cap a flop and bet out every big street without at least a pair, I would be inclined to fold when he bets again. I would also consider if BB thinks I would call a river bet in a situation like this without at least a pair. The problem is you now only need to pick off a bluff only one in 7 times to break even, so a call wouldn't be too bad. I usually rather save two bets and fold the turn.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually rather save two bets and fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're only saving two bets when you're behind.

Rob