Default odd KK/4-flush hand

2/4 stud hi. loose passive table

3rd:
xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] brings in $1
xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] calls
xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] calls
xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] folds
xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] calls
xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] completes to $2

all call but bring in.

4th:
8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dbl_bets $4
xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] calls
xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] calls
xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] folds

reads:
6d is a straight forward and loose player who loves to draw
Js is a semi loose aggressive player

5th:
8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] bets $4
xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] folds
xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] calls

6th:
8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] bets $4
xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] calls

7th:
8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] bets $4
xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ?

The river bet is a pure bluff of course. I think villain was likely drawing to either a straight or flush so I could get the same result checking. I've seen him fold on the river quite frequently, though he does go to the river so often that I can't tell if he he's folding two small pairs or if he really has absolutely nothing. I can't see his mucked hands, but have not seen him call a river bet and show two small pairs in the last 2 hours I've played him.

If I make kings up against this villain, does the river turn into a c/c?

Thoughts? Too aggressive or just a little bit so?

(ps. added some random info throughout the hand.)
Old 12-04-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Re: odd KK/4-flush hand

I wouldn't call this hand odd. It's quite normal.

I'd probably check the river. One would think he is drawing to the dead diamonds, so hopefully he missed and didn't backdoor into two pair. But I don't think he's folding a better hand (and I wouldn't think he's calling with a worse one!).
Old 12-04-2005, 10:41 AM

it's odd for me b/c I don't normally bet one open pair on the river [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2005, 10:47 AM

I don't see any value in the river bet. He's not folding two pair, is he?
Old 12-04-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it's odd for me b/c I don't normally bet one open pair on the river [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there are times where it's appropriate, I believe. If you are comfortable folding to a raise here (which you should be, against most opponents), then even though he's almost certainly folding to a bet or checking behind if you check, there's something to be said for not having to show your hand. Also in the case where he is capable of folding two small pair here betting is obviously best.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:18 PM

You seem to strongly suspect that this man has been folding 2 pair hands on the river in similar situations on other hands.In this case,I believe your river bet was correct & that a c/c with 2 pr.would be appropriate,too.