Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-28-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Last hand, TPMK

This guy has it out for me, I just beat his KK with AK and he called me down the whole way. I've also been playing pretty aggro.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 11-28-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Last hand, TPMK

I think its fine.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:48 PM

this looks good.

If you really think he's likely to be bluffing you could just call the turn and raise the river, if you think he will give up his bluffs if you raise the turn.

This line is fine though, no way am i folding.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:54 PM

Villain's turn donkbet doesn't seem too scary here. However, it seems given your description that he is going to follow through with a river bet no matter what comes. Thus, I would be more inclined to smoothcall the turn and pop any non-Ace river. I think a turn raise may make him fold truly hopeless hands that he might otherwise take one more stab with. Plus, you might get a crying river call from Ax that would otherwise either fold to the turn raise or call and then check-fold the river unimproved.

Given your line, which I think is fine too, I just cal down after the three-bet as you did.