Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-17-2005, 08:49 AM

Default Re: GEEZ! okay here\'s a specific thought..

[ QUOTE ]
I find that there are a lot of players in the smaller games, esp the .25/.50 and .50/1 have a standard range for calling raises, but ONLY open-raise aces and maybe their big broadways like KKQTss...

[/ QUOTE ]

While most raises in the smaller stakes games do tend to open raise with A-A-x-x or other big cards, I disagree with the first part of your statement. Many players at these stakes will throw in 10-20 BB preflop with complete crap simply because they are defending a limp or a call of an initial raise.

I don't think re-raising a known A-A-x-x hand preflop is a great idea unless you are a) really deep with position & your opponent is also deep or b) there is enough dead money in the pot and you feel like gambling with something like 6-7-8-9 knowing that it will be all-in before the flop.

The whole reason for getting involved with marked big cards is that you can pretty much play perfectly against them. Reraising and allowing someone to put in 80% or more of their stack takes away much of your advantage.