Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-03-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Patrick Hayden, Ladder 105, Prospect Heights, Brooklyn

The firefighter who got it allin with J7 vs Raymer's AK really showed other prospective newbies how to behave at the table. He really seemed to be enjoying the ride and exhibited perfect emotionally control and a refresihingly lighthearted spirit (at least in the little clip that ESPN showed us).

When he cracked AK on the flop, he merely tapped the table excitedly but not obnoxiously, and when Raymer rivered the winner, Hayden simply smiled, got up from the table, shook everyone's hand and took home a paycheck worth probably 2.5 years of firefighting. Talk about heroic.

Also, I think he probably picked a good spot to stick his shortstack in with J7 in a multiway pot, with a good chance of having a live hand and a great chance of getting airtime.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Patrick Hayden, Ladder 105, Prospect Heights, Brooklyn

I think his all-in was an increadible play. He was very short stacked and something like a 12% chance to quintouple up was probably his best spot. BUT, the fact that Raymer could potentially make a big reraise made the play amazing. His chances to quintouple up doubled, giving him an actual fighting chance. Too bad it didn't work out for him, but nh.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think his all-in was an increadible play. He was very short stacked and something like a 12% chance to quintouple up was probably his best spot. BUT, the fact that Raymer could potentially make a big reraise made the play amazing. His chances to quintouple up doubled, giving him an actual fighting chance. Too bad it didn't work out for him, but nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah there was just a thread about this recently in the sng forum. getting in as a short stack when a big stack either has already made a big raise or could potentially make a big raise to isolate. i think they called it "covering" your allin or something like that. it made a lot of sense. getting a chance to triple or more up against one person is nice.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:55 AM

Raymer gave him a lot of protection. But yes, it is good to see that ESPN isn't trying to make everyone look like a crass donkey.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:13 PM

SPADE, NO SPADE!!!!!
DDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! !!!!
ISLE OF CRETE!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SPADE, NO SPADE!!!!!
DDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! !!!!
ISLE OF CRETE!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

These are two different individuals but it still made me laugh. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]