Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-24-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Live NL Flop decision

Live $2-5 NL.

3 limpers to hero in CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Hero calls, button calls, BB raises to $15. Everyone calls. 5 players to the flop.

Flop ($62)
A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Check around to hero ($450) who bets $40. Button ($500) raises to $140. Folded around to hero.

Button is regular in the game who sees a lot of flops and is very aggro post flop. Will make big bets to pick up pots that no one else wants. This is hero's first hand at the table as just came from the must move game.

Hero's action??
Old 10-24-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Live NL Flop decision

i'd probably push. if you call, a turn heart makes this hand impossible to play right oop. a fold is out of the question against normal live game button limping hand range.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:20 PM

I would fold. One of the key factors is 5 people seeing the flop. It is not worth risking your stack in a marginal situation such as this. Remember, it is not another $100 to call as he will likely pressure you the rest of the hand and eventually make you decide for your whole stack.

If you are pretty sure the button will CB this flop, I would actually check the flop to him and C/R him. This will provide a couple of things. First of all, if you are C/R, than you will likely know where you are at far better once he does his action. He may fold and if he calls or raises, you know you are beat and can not put in another dime unless you improve. If he checks behind, you can play the rest of the hand in a weak mannor and try to get a cheap showdown.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd probably push. if you call, a turn heart makes this hand impossible to play right oop. a fold is out of the question against normal live game button limping hand range.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my original response, I was under the impression the button was the original raiser. I am sorry for not reading it correctly. This changes things a little. Hmmm...
Old 10-24-2005, 04:47 PM

This is very simple - Will he limp AT or better on the button after a bunch of limpers? If yes, then fine, you can fold if you like. If he would make this raise with A3, then I call and stack him on the turn. If he'll call right now w A3 then push. Not too hard.

If he will make this raise on a paired board with a flush draw, then push too.

Your 40 bet into a pot of 75 right (not 62) is bad unless you were specifically trying to induce this action - in which case you wouldn't be asking us questions about what to do. So bet the pot on the flop.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:00 PM

i'd probably push.

I always thought it would be great to give advice that guarantees a person will win a small pot or lose a really really big one. This is a guaranteed case of only getting called if you're beat.

Just cause he's an aggro that picks up pots no one else wants doesn't mean he's raising a really scary board into a field of players with garbage. Take a step back and think about what he's telling you for a minute...
- BB raised a field of limpers PF.
- On an extremely dangerous flop, BB - the PFR - checked, indicating he's weak or wants to cr.
- On this dangerous flop, a player has led out, clearly representing an Ace.
- He now raises into the PFR by all means indicating he's not scared of the raiser check raising.
- He's also leading into a field...more likely trying to shut out draws than having one of his own.

The only hand I see it as likely you're ahead of here is K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and even that is a questionable raising hand at that spot.

I think you can fold this and not feel bad about it in the least.

- C -
Old 10-25-2005, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd probably push.

This is a guaranteed case of only getting called if you're beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

play more live.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:18 AM

i get my wallet out and push
Old 10-25-2005, 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'd probably push.

This is a guaranteed case of only getting called if you're beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

play more live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vs. avg live 2/5 opponent this is a push or call (if you think you can get more $$ in from him on the turn by just calling). If villain is decent its obviously a fold. Very opponent dependent.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hero's action??

[/ QUOTE ]
time to do the allin!