Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 10-21-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Greatest Lay Down Ever

Agreed ... perhaps this is one complete board where he MAY lay down his hand. Of course, my bet on the river could be one such that he is almost forced to call.

Nevertheless, don't you think it is worth the risk of these two cards (or similar ones) coming runner runner, compared to the times it doesn't compared to the chance of the final 9 coming?

It just seems to me that balancing the risk vs reward has me coming out ahead.

Perhaps I am wrong. I guess what I would have to do is get out my simulator and run a few million hands and see what would happen.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call and then get it in on the turn, who cares if a scare card comes

[/ QUOTE ]

why wait? Just get it in on the flop. He's NOT folding, and you have him slaughtered. Another card can only be bad for you.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:05 AM

to stay alive. you will get the money in on turr, jsut peel the card and see if a 9 comes
Old 10-22-2005, 12:21 AM

One thing that I think you need to remember is that unlike a cash game, if you lose all of your chips in a tournament, you are out.

I think perhaps in a cash game, I would take your approach. In a tournament, however, it seems to me to be worth mitigating your risk so that you won't be knocked out of the tournament.

In the end, I think in most cases I would have one the same amount of chips without any risk.

As it turns out, the 9 on the turn allowed me to fold and remain in the tournament.

The good news is that very move allowed me to cash in the tournament. I realize that I shouldn't be results oriented, but it just seems to emphasize my point.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:34 AM

Of course pushing the flop is wrong. If you're one of the people talking about bad boards on the *river*, you're missing the point - if something like a J comes off and there are river cards that kill your action, just push the turn, instead.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:42 AM

PWNED!!! Awesome story.

I agree with Adanthar about the flop push, we know which cards(er, card) beats us, so we can fold when that card comes. And still get the chips in the middle when it doesn't.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:43 AM

How funny would this have been if the guy flipped up rags? Unlikely yes, but funny nonetheless..

I like the way you played it as well. I assume you'd push the turn if a potential action killer arrived, and there's no way he isn't calling.