Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 10-18-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Some 6 Max hands

Getting my feet wet at .05/.10 6 max. No reads on Button.

Ultimate Bet 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, Button calls.

River: (9.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 11.20 BB

Is this a good line against an unknown?

Any comments are appreciated.

Again, no reads.

Ultimate Bet 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

No reads.

Ultimate Bet 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (21.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 23.20 BB

Do you slow down after the board pairing on the turn? There isn't much I beat with that flop action and the paired turn. TPTK and some moron with a 5 maybe. Or K2, which is unlikely.

Any comments appreciated.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Some 6 Max hands

Hand 1: Perfect.
Hand 2: I'd fold this preflop 9/10 times. I'd probably raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet or river bet as there are now a lot of possible draws you'd like to protect against.
Hand 3: I'd go for a check/raise on this flop. I definitely wouldn't slow down on the turn, you'll be up against a 5 or tptk or even an overpair often enough here.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:07 PM

I think you played it fine except for the open bet on the 3 hand.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:19 PM

Hand 1 is standard.

Hand 2 fold or raise pf, I would fold.

Hand 3 I would check raise the flop, but the way it went down I think you played it goot.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:24 PM

1,2 = good
3 = c/r flop. raise the river, then call if he 3-bets.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:19 PM

-blind response-

dislaimer - I've never played .05/.10, so take that for what it is.

------
hand 1

I check this flop to see what happens vs this many people. If it gets bet and called then I'm folding. If the button bets, then I raise to push out the rest of the field.

i think that betting out makes this hand the hardest to play because you don't have outs if you're behind a raise, but you have to call because you may not be behind.

------
hand 2 you can probably fold the flop raise and you can definately fold the turn. A line that strong vs a preflop raiser means that you're beat. Try not to spew just because villain is unknown.

Also, blind stealing with this hand is a pure money loser if you're going to play it this way postflop. This may be sixmax, but it's still poker man. If you want to pick the villain off of a bluff [check/raise, bet, bet] line - you need a better hand to do so.

------
hand three

I tend to fold this preflop, but only because I'm still poor at playing it when I don't flop a set and I'm out of position. I'll call it vs horrible postflop players that will go to the mat with tptk.

Button's cold threebet after a pf coldcall most likely says a set or AA. An aggressive AK could do this as well. Mostly it scares the hell out of me.

Give the flop action, I would just bet/call the turn and check/call the river. The pot is too big to give up on with a boat, but lots of hands that beat you would have taken this line.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:41 PM

Hand #1 - I like a turn lead
Hand #2 - get another raise in there somewhere, people C/R flops HU with crap.
Hand #3 - C/R flop