Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 01:38 PM

Default The latest word from Party, Oct-17

This is the email I received last week regarding Party's stance on rakeback:

Hi xxxxx

PartyPoker.com does not permit affiliates to promote rakeback (or any other discount schemes) to players. There are rumours that we are offering / endorsing rake back to affiliates. These are false claims and we are taking action against anyone who claims to have "special deals" with us.

If you are in touch with 'high-volume' players seeking incentives, you may let them know that there are multiple special offers for players running on the site right now. Please request your players to log in to their PartyPoker.com accounts and see what offer(s) are available to them. (If they have not received anything yet, they may write to bonus@partypoker.com [edited to show correct email addy]).

We now have a team that services the needs of high volume players. Please let us know if you are in touch with any such players and I will be happy to introduce them to this team.

We would love to work with you to get new players and increased revenues on PartyPoker.com.

Regards,
xxxxx

I just got off the phone with the guy in charge of the VIP promotions. He shared a few details with me.

1. The Points for cash promotion was just for this month. In the coming months, they plan on offering other things like cruise packages, merchandise etc.

2. He referred to it as Party's method of 'combatting rakeback'

3. If you do contact bonus@pp claiming to play 30k hands/month and only generate a few hundred, you will lose your VIP status after a few months and will stop receiving offers.

4. The bonus@pp department is based out of Gibralter and is a 'best of' from other departments. They can make decisions regarding accounts that standard customer support cannot. He also spoke perfect English.

5. Party is trying to promote a clean image and is proud of the fact poker is so well regarded. They feel that offering rakeback does not help this clean image.

This is the most recent things I've heard from Party regarding rakeback and VIP promotions. In conclusion, rakeback is dead at Party and the VIP promotion obtained by emailing bonus@partypoker.com is their alternative. If other affiliates have more recent information, please share in this thread and I will update.

Cup
Closed Thread