Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 10-11-2005, 10:35 AM

Default Re: I just talked to my Party contact

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno if it does any good to the cause when all sorts of stuff is discussed in this forum.

A couple of affilliates have my e-mail and I am looking forward to receiving more offers by mail. I will solicit offers at other sites.

I suggest to everybody to have a look at the classifieds and inquire for offers at the reputable sites via mail instead of posting here.

Sometimes doing the legwork yourselves is better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-11-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Crossposted from the Zoo

The information stox provides in this post is of minimal use to a player. It is little more than an announcement that Stox is offering Party rakeback. Like he said, it is well known that rakeback is currently being offered. What isn't known is how safe it is or if it is official. If his approach was more informative and less of an ad, then we would have left it up.

If Stox has some official information from Party regarding rakeback, I would be happy to hear it. The fact that he's offering rakeback when affiliate managers are saying 'don't do rakeback' is NOT helpful to a player. It is dangerous. Even if he was given permission from an affiliate manager, it is clear that even the affiliate department is still unsure of how to proceed. Is now really the best time to sign up for rakeback?

I WANT Party to allow rakeback. But, Party has shown on several occasions that they do not want rakeback to be offered. Jumping into an unofficial rakeback deal is highly risky and Stox should know better than to put players at that kind of risk without more clarification.

Cup

[/ QUOTE ]

That somebody does not want you to offer rakeback (Party affiliate manager) does not necessarily mean that he does not want some others to do it (over or under the table). I have no clue if he does, but I am getting a feeling you guys pretend to "be in the know" without actually being it.

My take on this (from similar situations in other businesses), is that the CEO of Party currently does not include his Affiliate Manager in all his inner thoughts on this subject since at such a time he can't be to careful on information not leaking anywhere.

This is just speculation, but I would advice everyone to wait to accept any offer until some time has gone, and not to view the mods here as authorities on this subject.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:51 PM

Mark my words, Party will go after an affiliate who openly endorses Party rakeback on an internet forum or a .com website.

mark his words...

smart man
Old 10-11-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do they only offer it to those who did not sign up through an affiliate? Because otherwise you could do both.

[/ QUOTE ]
They can prevent it by subtracting the "bonus" from MGR.

[/ QUOTE ]

they will subtract the affiliate's portion. affiliate numbers will drop, but they will be able to keep it all. remember that these mega-affiliates are working for a VERY small percentage in terms of profit.

this levels the playing field between affiliates that give rakeback, and those who don't. it will no longer matter who you sign up with.

those that lost a ton of players to the skins will get them back, and the mega affiliates with the huge bases will do just fine as long as they can retain. retention should be easier with a program like this.

the net effect is that those affiliates that had a ton of accounts before this change will be in much better shape than those entering the market.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is a very shady forum. Very dirty and underhanded form of advertising. I don't like it at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think there should be a message at the top of the page in this forum informing people that this is not like the other forums here at 2+2. When I came here I was attracted by the name "Affiliate/Rakeback." I assumed I would be able to read and talk about finding the best rakeback deal out there. For that there needs to be open discussion.

Reading for a few days here Ive realized this is simply a forum set up by some people so they can get your business. It is going under the guise of a discussion room, but the last thing they really want here is any freedom of information. The last thing they want is for people to actually know about the options available to them.

If the mods have paid 2+2 to be able to run this forum then fine. They are allowed to do what they wish. But they should inform people that this forum is different and that you will not get an impartial view of things here. I just wasted three days staying up to date with this place because there was no disclaimer stating it is privately maintained.

See ya.

(Hope the one person that got to read this before it was yanked found it interesting)