Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Cyberthiefs stole $65000 from Party poker player.

[ QUOTE ]
I'll let the comment that he was some how responsible just because he had this amount of money online pass.

If you regularly play $25 buyin NLH then having $250 online is about the mininum to play multiple tables. Playing $1000 and $2000 games having $20-40K online is common.

MS Sunshine

[/ QUOTE ]

If this had been on Crypto, Full Tilt, or UB I wouldn't bat an eye at the amount. But they spread games considerably higher than Party does. I don't see any reason to keep $65k on a site to play $2k NL or $100/$200.

Especially for a European player. The amount he must have lost over the last few months just from keeping all that money in $ is huge.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Cyberthiefs stole $65000 from Party poker player.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll let the comment that he was some how responsible just because he had this amount of money online pass.

If you regularly play $25 buyin NLH then having $250 online is about the mininum to play multiple tables. Playing $1000 and $2000 games having $20-40K online is common.

MS Sunshine

[/ QUOTE ]

If this had been on Crypto, Full Tilt, or UB I wouldn't bat an eye at the amount. But they spread games considerably higher than Party does. I don't see any reason to keep $65k on a site to play $2k NL or $100/$200.

Especially for a European player. The amount he must have lost over the last few months just from keeping all that money in $ is huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite the opposite. The value of the dollar has increased a lot in the last 6 months.

I think he was a SnG player. At Party the highest SnGs are $5k buyin. If he was playing $1k steps then $65k is a bit excessive.