Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 09-26-2005, 09:30 PM

Default AQo in BB

I keep misplaying this hand. I am in BB early in a multi-table torunament on UB(I don't have the hand history though). I have average stack(1800) with the blinds 15/30. It is folded to CO(3000) who limps and folded to me, I raise with AQo to 120. CO calls. Flop is 952, I bet like 150, CO calls. Turn is a 7. I have no reads on opponent, how do u play this the rest of the way?
Old 09-26-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: AQo in BB

fine play, check/fold from here unless the river pairs you up
Old 09-26-2005, 10:00 PM

Was it a rainbow flop or suited here as the only draw that calls you would be a flush draw or a real loose call from an inside straight draw. I would generally fire another barrell here and lead out for another 250 (1/2 the pot) as an aggressive player may call a 1/2 pot bet on the flop HU in position getting close to 4-1 if he thinks the flop missed you which this one looks like it did. If he flat calls on the turn again then i have to make a decision on the river if I don't improve. Can I make a strong bet and get a fold or is he a calling station that will call with any pair? If i have a read that villain is loose and can't laydown a hand then I'll check/fold and find a better spot as you still have plenty of chips in relation to the blinds.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:09 PM

Yea it was a rainbow and that is exactly what I did(I bet 300), he called the bet on the turn and I caught an Ace on the river, I was just wondering if I got lucky or if i played it ok.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:29 PM

I think you played it fine and villain misplayed his hand if he did have a pair on the flop by letting you catch up unless he flopped a monster.