Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 09-26-2005, 04:48 PM

Default AQo UTG

Playing in a mutli table home game, with 9 players left and 4 getting paid. Blinds were 100/200, I have AQo UTG and raise to 800 and am called by UTG-2 and MP. Flop is QT3 rainbow. I bet like 1000 or 1200 and UTG-2 re-raises all in. I have about 6000 in chips which is above average, UTG2 is chip leader with like 20,000. This is the first time I played with him and he seems loose aggressive, but has gotten some very good starting hands.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: AQo UTG

Well, unless he's overplaying KQ or a straight draw, you're probably in bad shape. Of course he might just be overplaying one of those things. If you can't put him on Q10 then I think you call all in here.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:02 PM

Fold. You still have a lot of chips left over, and it is not worth risking. Since you dont know this guy, you could say he has a peice of the flop, but not a big one and is just bullying the shorter stack because he knows they will most likely fold because they are so close to the money. But he could also be holding a set, 2 pair, or over cards. You did not commit yourself enough to this pot and you still have 30bb's so just fold and wait for a better spot.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:10 PM

Assuming you still have the full 6k left, you need to call 6k to win 10k. In other words, you need to win 37.5% of the time to make a call correct. I think you easily win this much so I call.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:32 PM

Yeah, given info in OP there's no way I find a fold here. IMHO you see QJs or KQo a lot of times here, or villain may be trying to blow you off your hand with KJ and an open ender. Banish any weak tight instincts and call.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:36 PM

Yeah that was exactly what I thought, so I called and he unfortantely turned over QT.