Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 08-29-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Clarett cut by Broncos

[ QUOTE ]
What's the least bit appealing about this guy to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

you know what, i have no idea. im just pulling for him. i have no reason to dislike him. maybe my subconcious just wants to see him spite everyone.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:57 AM

Thats too bad. He had some real assholes on his side that gave him some very bad advice. What a waste of talent.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats too bad. He had some real assholes on his side that gave him some very bad advice. What a waste of talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was kinda rooting for Clarett, at first, after I saw the Broncos took him in the 3rd round. I felt like the NFL had failed him thus far. I thought Denver was his ideal situation, where he wouldn't be put into any high pressure situations before he was able to get his legs under him. He could learn at a comfortable pace, perhaps.

After seeing how he washed out with the Broncos, I don't think he'll catch on anywhere. The Broncos were his best hope. I watched the Colt-Broncos preseason game, and they talked about how Shannahan had to take him aside at least a dozen times, etc, and that he just didn't have an NFL "work ethic". He scowled as he paced the sidelines, never even getting a snap. Maybe he knew what was coming.

The writing is on the wall when a 3rd round pick gets cut this soon. There is something chronically wrong with this guy. If anyone takes him, it's a mistake.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im totally in this guys corner. i want him to succeed and i hope he gets some nfl starts. ill be rooting for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like him too. Other than the fact that he's both lazy and stupid.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:41 AM

He hasn't played and the Broncos have enough depth at running back without him so it's not a big surprise. A bad draft pick? Yeah but all temas make them and there have been a lot worse. If you want to see a recent history of bad draft picks look at the expansion Browns.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:46 AM

Its because of the performace of this man:

Old 08-29-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He hasn't played and the Broncos have enough depth at running back without him so it's not a big surprise. A bad draft pick? Yeah but all temas make them and there have been a lot worse. If you want to see a recent history of bad draft picks look at the expansion Browns.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure the Broncos hoped for more, but this guy has an awful attitude, plus he never showed them he could play. My guess is that somebody will pick him up (??Arizona??) and give him a shot, but I don't think he's going anywhere.

Just my $.02 worth...
bill
Old 08-30-2005, 02:28 AM

[censored] clarett.

sure he helped OSU get to the national championship (i'm not going to say he helped them win it, the zebras did that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ) but all the [censored] he did afterwards almost voids his OSU career. I hope to see him taking my order at mcdonalds very soon.