Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Review: Micropost Blind Defense: hands 59, 60, 85, 92

I also thought some of the blind play was slightly inconsistent. Ed recommends completing the small with any two suited. How many players do you all need to complete?

Also, what is acceptable losses from the blinds? I have a feeling I'm losing too much.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:18 PM

yes im talking about the blinds
yes i need to open up my blind play ( a little)
Yes I need to let these hands go unless they nail a flop
thanks for the critique...
cdl
Old 08-10-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Once again it's about outplaying your opponents postflop. You're often getting great odds when you're in the blinds, but if you don't take advantage of these situations then you will be losing a lot of money from the blinds over time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you help me outplay my opponents in this hand? This comes up often enough for me in these situations and I am lost.

Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Folds, MP1 Calls, MP2 Calls, Folds, SB completes, BB checks.

flop 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero?
Old 08-10-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Once again it's about outplaying your opponents postflop. You're often getting great odds when you're in the blinds, but if you don't take advantage of these situations then you will be losing a lot of money from the blinds over time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you help me outplay my opponents in this hand? This comes up often enough for me in these situations and I am lost.

Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

flop 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

You peel one and fold here. Two backdoor draws and a pair is a very strong hand, even with a 2 flush on the board.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

Checks and sees what happens behind you. If it's checked to the player in last position and he bets then I check raise. If the player to act first after me bets and we get a few callers then I peel one off. Too much action behind me and I fold. These plays can be read dependent though.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:45 PM

59 is ok, 60 I have no real problem with but would rather have 67o or even 68o, but the other two are pretty bad IMO.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Checks and sees what happens behind you. If it's checked to the player in last position and he bets then I check raise. If the player to act first after me bets and we get a few callers then I peel one off. Too much action behind me and I fold. These plays can be read dependent though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, this is pretty helpful.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Or am I too tight for throwing away offsuit 65 to raises when I am in the blinds?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope not - I only hilighted 8 hands as questionable and you mentioned 4 of them.