Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 08-11-2005, 12:49 AM

Default 2/4 Live Hand, TPTK facing pressure

Live 2/4 NL game in Vegas. This is a must move table that just became 3 handed. The villain is new to the game and looks like he is only 12. I have 350 and villain has 250ish. I am on the SB and get dealt AhKh. Button folds and I make it 15 to go. BB calls. Flop is J/7/x rainbow. I continuation bet 25. BB calls. Turn is a K, I bet 40 and BB calls. River is another 7, putting 2 sevens on the board. I check and the villain goes all in. As I went into the tank, he started talking about how he has 3 sevens. Results to follow. I feel like a ck on the river was weak and could induce a bluff. THoughts/comments on all streets?
Old 08-11-2005, 01:24 AM

Default Re: 2/4 Live Hand, TPTK facing pressure

if i tallied everything up right, villain has about 180 left and the pot is about 160, so his push isnt an overbet.
tptk against an unknown in a 3 handed game should be calling pot sized bets. he has shown strength nowhere in the hand and pounced on your weakness, seems like you got exactly what you wanted to happen. he might showdown a 7 once and a while, but it's an odd way to play it since it looks like you got scared when he called the turn. he's not putting you on anything as strong as your holding. easy call.