Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Re: FOOTBALL SEASON STARTS IN 2 MONTHES!!!

Chargers SuperBowl Champs. Done.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not think the Packers are overrated anywhere outside the state of WI. Does anyone expect a deep playoff push from them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even people in Wisconsin are expecting a great season from the Pack as far as I can tell. You basically echoed my thoughts, how can the Packers be overrated if nobody has high expectations? The Packers will be better on 'D' this year this year because they couldn't be much worse. I predict the Javon Walker holdout will be very detremental. The Vikings should rule this year in that division. Kevin Williams is flat out the best defensive tackle in the NFL FWIW and now he's got more help. Culpepper had a great year that should have quieted his critics. Offensive line is very good; the corps of running backs is at least decent and if Michael Bennett stays healthy the running game could be great. Nate Burleson and Marcus Robinson are very capable receivers. Kelly Campbell and Travis Taylor aren't bad either as Campbell IMO has shown alot of potential. I don't root for the Vikings (go Packers) and I hate the Vikings playing indoors in the Metrodome but I have to call em as I see em. Randy who?????
Old 06-18-2005, 12:26 PM

AFC:
East: Pats 13-3
North: Ravens 12-4
South: Colts 12-4
West: Chargers 11-5
WC: Jets 11-5
WC: Steelers 11-5

NFC:
East: Eagles 14-2
North: Lions 10-6
South: Falcons 12-4
West: Seahawks 10-6
WC: Giants 9-7
WC: Packers 10-6

Teams to watch out for:
Cincinatti
Buffalo
Cowboys
Bears
Texans

I can't wait to watch Oakland, Moss-Porter-Curry is going to be an amazing WR combo.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:33 PM

Jets should make the playoffs again, because although they didn't have a HUGE offseason they really didn't need one. Pennington is their only major question mark. Can he stay healthy/throw well after surgery.

RB is lock solid for at least this year. C-Mart still pulling his weight at that age is remarkable, but what else should we expect from the most underrated RB in the NFL?

WR is much better with Coles in the lineup over Moss. Moss was short and explosive, but a better PR man than he was a WR. Coles is a legit target (as he showed last time he was in NY). Cotchery, McCareins is a solid #2 WR.

TE Jets got a huge uprgrade in veteran Doug Jolley from the Raiders. He will make big plays and from what I read play almost like a big WR instead of a traditional TE role.

O-Line is weakest link on the team by far, but they have gelled as the season has went along before.

D-Line will be solid as usual with Abraham, D-Rob, and Ellis.

LB will be more experienced as my man VIIIIIILMA looks to make an even bigger splash in his sophomore year. (That boy is sick.)

DB's are looking good, Justin Miller is especially solid for a rookie. He will most likely return kicks/punts with WR Jonathan Carter.

Also, Ty Law may sign in the coming weeks so things are looking up for GANG GREEN!
Old 06-19-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't wait to watch Oakland, Moss-Porter-Curry is going to be an amazing WR combo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Detroit has some nice WR's too. Rogers, Williams, Williams. YOUNG WR corps.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:37 PM

I kept waiting for the Jets defense to come down to earth last year but it never really happened. The fact that they're young leads me to believe they'll be good again.

Jax and KC will disapoint all of the teams calling them "sleepers". The Jags were 2 miracles away from 7-9 last year and what proven player did the Chiefs add other than Patrick Surtain? Sammy Knight & Kendrell Bell = blah.

Vikings = real deal. That team has 'Ewing Theory' written all over them, although I'm starting to think too many people are picking them.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:15 PM

Jets will unseat the Pats.

are you talking about a local pop warner league?
Old 06-21-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stinks that the year the Saints are finally going to the Superbowl, it's going to be in Detroit. I don't even have a winter jacket.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they decide to end the season in November this year? I didn't hear that.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the Saints are finally going to the Superbowl

[/ QUOTE ]

Just reading that is bizarre.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Detroit has some nice WR's too. Rogers, Williams, Williams. YOUNG WR corps.

[/ QUOTE ]

That'll be fun too. Curry's catch last season (one arm extended way up) is the best catch I've ever seen. Porter was lights out towards the end and Moss is the best player in the NFL. Should be great. I love the NFL.