Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 06-03-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Canterbury: Who played this hand the worst?

You make a valid point. I simply didn't know enough about the BB to allow myself to credit the BB with this level of depth in thinking.

There are plenty of people at Canterbury who play in these tournaments that can barely decide what they have, let alone think to these levels.

While I realize that standards in general will loosen up as your opportunity to open raise/steal from late position increases the closer to the button you are, I still tend to give much credit to someone who re-raises, even if on the button.

In other words, if the CO open raises, and the button re-raises, I have found that the second raiser, despite his position and given the situation, still tends to have a fairly strong to very strong hand, as he/she is re-opening the betting, providing the original raiser with the option of going all-in.

I would have suspected what you are talking about, and been much more likely to call with my KK if the button had just smooth called the CO's raise, rather than re-raising.