Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 02-27-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Who can explain this hand?

[ QUOTE ]
My only read of this is that the Big Blind wouldn't think of raising with an 85 or 53 of hearts.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that's grandma's confusion in the narrative about the button's post. i don't believe brad made a mistake by not saying raise or not putting enough chips out

-----------

Brad couldn't have won the hand. He'd bet the turn with anything that beats 76 at showdown.

so UTG has the straight flush (77 wouldn't root for a 6).

Brad probably has the backdoor flush with another draw on the flop. at first i was thinking Ah3h for the isolation check-raise, but once someone else calls, i'm guessing he needs something stronger to check-raise. it looks like he check-raised 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (rather than betting out) figuring grandma would call 2 bets anyway.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:42 PM

Raise PF. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

UTG have pocket 7s or something?
Old 02-27-2005, 02:12 PM

UTG holds 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. While chanting six, six, six he was actually thinking [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

All-in player is holding a lone 5.

Grandma is grandma.

Brad is not check-raising the flop to get rid of anyone in this game. It must be for value. Does Brad have the same hand as grandma? What a coincidence!
Old 02-27-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The button posts a $3 blind before the hand and I look down and see 76 in LP. Bad UTG limps followed by an even worse EMP who limps. I of course limp and the loose button throws in 3 more chips to indicate a raise. A semi-loose wacki SB calls and Brad throws in 3 more. Now I know that Brad has a very strong hand here. He didn't see the button raise and he threw in his chips in such a way that he has a strong hand. But since he never actually said "raise" it is considered a call. We all call the raise and look at a flop of:

[/ QUOTE ]

This part kind of confuses me, and I think it's because I've only ever played on the internet. The button raised, but didn't say raise, and Brad threw in the same number of chips thinking he was raising, but it was really a call?

So Brad thinks his hand is strong enough to raise... So we're expecting some high suited, or some kind of a pair from him.

UTG, EMP, Grandma could have anything. Button is loose, and he 'raised', so what could he have? Any ace, any king, any suited, I don't know.

Then the flop:

Button bets... I'll put him on a pair now, and because of his 'raise' pre-flop probably something like A7, A6, A3. SB might be on a flush draw. Brad check raises, he made a set.

Then the turn:

Loose UTG bets... he had a 5. Button calls because the board is mighty connected and his pair isn't looking good. Brad calls because his set isn't looking good vs. a straight, either. But when Button begins changing 'six, six, six' ... how could a six for him beat a straight? There's already one on the board, so he couldn't need it for a straight. He must have 2 pair? 6's and 4's, and he's rooting for the higher of his 2-pair?

River:

Brad checks because UTG got his wish and knows he'll bet, which he does.

I'd say Brad - 77, UTG has FH 6's and 4's.

KO
Old 02-27-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Result

I had AQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I threw in 3 more chips from the BB (with the intention of raising). What I didn't know was that the button had already raised. Too bad I didn't announce "raise". But nobody new that I wanted to raise, so it wasn't like I called and then got called for a string raise.

UTG had 85 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the turned straight and rivered straight flush. I'm pretty sure that he put Grandma on 66, so the river 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in that case would be a straight flush against quads. At Lucky Chances this would have equaled a jackpot ($57,000 payday for the table), so there was quite a buzz going around the table during the hand.

I got last place and got some funny looks. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Brad
Old 02-27-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Result

what's with the flop check-raise?
Old 02-27-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Result

What do I win? I really like the flop CR actually.

-DeathDonkey
Old 02-27-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Care to explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brad should have said raise? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(It's happened to me, too. I was the button and put in 3 chips at a 2/5 game, because I saw the SB's bet as my own, and I was raising to 4. As a result: unraised PF. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

The nuts are 5h3h and 8h5h. (Edit: Whoops, was 9h5h.)

I would have to guess that the UTG was looking for that straight flush, because given Grandma's cards, it couldn't have helped him in any other way.

So what did Brad have? An overpair? Probably not 77 or 33, because those would not have been PFR hands.

I'm a little mystified, though... Even with AA you'd be drawing to 2 outs on the turn, probably. If you could fold this, then you don't have an overpair.

Maybe AK diamonds or hearts then, or KQ the same... something like that? That's definitely worth a call on the turn. Given the PF checkraise, I'd have to say diamonds. Given the river checkraise, I'd have to say hearts.

Now I have a question, if you had AK/KQ hearts, was it really worth it to checkraise that flop? You would have had maybe 4.5 outs... maybe pushing yourself up to 6.5 or so if you could get a few to put down their kings.

This could be +EV, but I'm curious now...

--Dave.

Edit: Holy crap, you didn't even use the converter! How much did you have to pay BB to type this out for you? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brad is not check-raising the flop to get rid of anyone in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

You profit if they make bad calls too. They don't have to fold, they just have to pay.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Care to explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have it - the Doctor is a actually a woman and she can't operate on the son because she's his mother!