Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2005, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Hmm KK hand

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that he might not even have a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He could easily have AA no heart or QQ when he raises the turn. Also, do you like the flop c/c and turn bet??

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not fond of the turn bet, but it doesn't pain me to a great degree. What was the purpose of it? Value? Information? Protection?

On the river, it just isn't a great river to be value betting. It's a paired board against a TAG who raised the turn with basically one of three hands: QQ, which now boated up, KK no hearts, AA no hearts, or AA hearts. A value bet here has to be good 66% of the time unless you're planning on folding to a raise, which I wouldn't recommend against a TAG, so with 3 combos of QQ, 1 combo of KK and 1 combo of AA, how happy are you to be value betting here?
Old 01-13-2005, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but there is a good chance that he also has AK and will check behind. I might even be freerolling him here...

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Shill,

I see no chance that AK, no hearts, raises this turn. Maybe the slightest of slight chances, but he can see the board and the fact that you 3-bet preflop, and even knowing that you are capable of betfolding the turn, I wouldn't do it here with the nut-no-pair.

Rob
Old 01-13-2005, 02:49 AM

Eh nevermind this hand, I didn't even see that the board was paired during the hand. I saw the 4th heart and I fired away. Haha [censored] i was wondering why he just called me with AA and a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Eh. Brad
Old 01-13-2005, 02:51 AM

Missed the paired board also...but my mind is on many other things for some reason.

-Jaran

[ QUOTE ]
Eh nevermind this hand, I didn't even see that the board was paired during the hand. I saw the 4th heart and I fired away. Haha [censored] i was wondering why he just called me with AA and a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Eh. Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

K dude, so tell me more about your flop check, followed by your turn bet. It's puzzling me.

Rob

Is capping from the BB with AK automatic? I don't think I would do it frequently and his stats don't really suggest he would. I just think the one likely hand you were ahead of preflop has outflopped you. The 3rd player in the hand also is cause for concern. He called 2 cold on the turn with something, Ace of hearts seems likely. I really don't like your hand on any street, and I don't think there is much value in a river bet unless maybe you can fold to a raise from either opponent.

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-13-2005, 03:08 AM

Crap my PT database just crashed...

The turn bet sucks and PT sucks and this session sucks and I keep getting cold decked [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Time I quit this game...

Brad
Old 01-13-2005, 04:19 AM

Toss says a lot of things. Like how Interpol will confiscate your Laptop.