Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 12-30-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: The last stand of the American Republic....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please explain, in detail, how any of your civil rights have been violated. Note that I'm not talking about "our" civil rights. I'm talking about YOUR civil rights. What "right" did you have before Dubya's first term began that you do not have anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

When they came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I did not speak out;
I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really, really sad that this wonderful quote needs to be brought out so often these days.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am addressing your statement that there's no citations of actual people being denied their vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made no such statement. I expect more from you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's what you wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
I'll ask you for specific citation of credible proof beyond any doubt of yet another one of your ridiculous claims that persons' rights to vote for president have been stripped or denied.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-30-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's really, really sad that this wonderful quote needs to be brought out so often these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

But does it do any good?

I mean, really -- we are at WAR dontchaknow? What the #&$@ did those old folks that wrote the stupid bill of rights know about terrorism? Nothing. Did I mention we are at WAR?

The stupid pro-terrorist pansies are defending the bill of rights? Did I mention we are at WAR?
Old 12-30-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When they came for...

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant. I totally didn't expect that (you know, since it's been used 1,000 times before and I figured it had gotten old already).
Old 12-30-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But does it do any good?

I mean, really -- we are at WAR dontchaknow? What the #&$@ did those old folks that wrote the stupid bill of rights know about terrorism? Nothing. Did I mention we are at WAR?

The stupid pro-terrorist pansies are defending the bill of rights? Did I mention we are at WAR?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention the TROOPS! Support of any conflict we find ourselves in is mandatory, because if we do not support it fully and one-hundred-percent, we are disrespecting the TROOPS and their brave, brave, sacrifices.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:27 PM

Pvn,

You entirely missed the context: ...(context)

[ QUOTE ]
I'll ask you for specific citation of credible proof beyond any doubt of yet another one of your ridiculous claims that persons' rights to vote for president have been stripped or denied (by virtue of them "living in Florida or using a diebold machine") .

[/ QUOTE ]

This of course doesn't change the fact that I still made no such claim , but rather was asking for citation of evidence to the first claim that living in Florida or using diebold machines automatically implies the absence of any right to vote for President.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:30 PM

Should elected officials intentionally mis-allocate voting machines so people who will probobly vote against them have to wait 6 hours to vote?
Old 12-30-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, really -- we are at WAR dontchaknow?

[/ QUOTE ]

Checked the congressional record -

At no time has Congress executed it's constitutional duty and declared War - either on Iraq, Afghanistan, or Terror.

so sue me if I don't like seeing erosion of my civil rights in peacetime.

RB
Old 12-31-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At no time has Congress executed it's constitutional duty and declared War - either on Iraq, Afghanistan, or Terror.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has effectively done so by appropriating funds for those conflicts. And it is the reality of war that is important, not legal technicalities such as the one you are trying to make and which are used as excuses for failing to make temporary sacrifices required of all citizens during wartime.

But hey, the enemies of the United States appreciate your attempts to limit the effectiveness of our government in dealing with them. They depend upon the selfishness of those american citizens who refuse to make small temporary sacrifices of personal liberties while our troops are dying in the field in order that they might win through a strategy of sapping our political will to get us not to engage them when such engagements can only be won with timeframes longer than 6 months.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It has effectively done so by appropriating funds for those conflicts. And it is the reality of war that is important, not legal technicalities such as the one you are trying to make and which are used as excuses for failing to make temporary sacrifices required of all citizens during wartime.

But hey, the enemies of the United States appreciate your attempts to limit the effectiveness of our government in dealing with them. They depend upon the selfishness of those american citizens who refuse to make small temporary sacrifices of personal liberties while our troops are dying in the field in order that they might win through a strategy of sapping our political will to get us not to engage them when such engagements can only be won with timeframes longer than 6 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fascist.

q/q