Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 09:22 PM

Default Re: High Stakes online and B&M

I have been trying to figure out how much of this gets down to people having different styles of succesful play.

I hear you on the point about people having attitude on the forums. The way I look at it is great players are like athletes in the following respect, they have to have serious confidence in their ability to perform well.

I do think though that this forum used to be more congenial a year or so ago.

Not sure why that is.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:23 PM

It's all about adjusting to your opponents really. The more you play the more you'll be able to pick out specific patterns of play, weaknesses, and how to exploit. Metagame is pretty important too, for example if they know you checkraise the river a ton then it reduces their bets last to act on the river to either bluffs or strong made hands. It's nice when someone checks behind top pair on the river HU against you.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:44 AM

hey bro, two points,

1st, regardless of Sucker's previous advice, which I havn't had time to evaluate, his post in this thread is str8 up.

2nd, you got owned on the 44 hand. In every sense of the word. Just accept it and move on. We all make mistakes.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey bro, two points,

1st, regardless of Sucker's previous advice, which I havn't had time to evaluate, his post in this thread is str8 up.

2nd, you got owned on the 44 hand. In every sense of the word. Just accept it and move on. We all make mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should read his advice before commenting on #1.

About #2...sure I got owned. I made a pre-flop mistake. Past that I think I played the hand optimally and other top players who's oppinions I think very highly of have agreed with me...so while I did get owned I got owned playing correctly, big deal. MAYBE 3 betting the river is the actual correct play instead of calling, but that's up for debate. I accept my pre-flop mistake and have moved on.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the issue at hand is many of his posts feel like they have an "I'm always right and that's final" attitude to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so I may not be a very nice guy. You want a hug or money? I figure a poker player wants the later.