Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - Offer from a start up site

[ QUOTE ]
I would be interested in this if they considered rake generated through MTT and STT play, otherwise its no use to me. I dont play many ring games, and certainly couldn't get myself to playing them at a level where I might qualify for something like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-21-2005, 02:17 PM

It sounds too good to be true in my opinion. Probably they start with that kind of programme to get long term customers and they will change their terms and conditions pretty soon.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This offer sounds good but my main concern is this.

If it is a new independant start up site it's not going to have much traffic to start off with.

I don't want to sit at tables with all 2 + 2'rs trying to knock out enough hands to get a deal on a WSOP or WPT seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Player,

This is the main concern for most who are interested. (myself included)

This (I think) is the reason why they want to limit the number of high volume players at the very start and then add high volume players as their growth dictates.

Hopefully, it won't be too long and this site's management will be be revealing their identity publicly and perhaps address some of these concerns here.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:38 PM

imm interested still
Old 08-21-2005, 07:44 PM

Why not just be a prop and get 100%, and in a lot of cases,110% rake back?

There are lots of sites that use props and don't require shorthanded play or leaving full tables.

Not to mention most of them already have adequate player bases.

Just my thoughts.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:59 PM

i cant believe people care about this/you.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i cant believe people care about this/you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this has anything about anybody caring for me.

I think for some players that play alot of online poker, the thought of earning a seat for 3 or 4 major poker tournies in a year's time for what they are already doing anyway, they care quite a bit about.

What I can't believe is why some players, for whatever reasons, (and some would be valid) who obviously don't care about this, would take their time to attack it/me.

Now I could understand if you had problems, objections, concerns, etc, with this and you expressed them so they could be discussed.

Would you care to explain why you think this?
Old 08-21-2005, 10:41 PM

O'Doyle,
I am definately interested, in fact I was considering quitting poker for a while starting on September 1 but something like this would motivate me further. Perhaps you could choose who is eligible by reg date on 2+2, this may very well preclude myself however, it seems fair since O'Doyle's Army is essentially a service for 2+2. Reward seniority.
~Justin
Old 08-22-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
O'Doyle,
I am definately interested, in fact I was considering quitting poker for a while starting on September 1 but something like this would motivate me further. Perhaps you could choose who is eligible by reg date on 2+2, this may very well preclude myself however, it seems fair since O'Doyle's Army is essentially a service for 2+2. Reward seniority.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the senority as a piece of the puzzle, however, I am asking players (to ask themselves) if given their past play history, (and assuming the site has enough players to support our play) what is the liklihood that they would generate enough rake to earn a seat in a 4-6 month period.

Let's remember this was supposed to be a bonus for high volume players and if you are a high volume player, I think that should be the first and most important factor in determining who gets the initial available spots.

If a player doubts that they could earn a seat given a 75% credit of rake towards it in a 4 - 6 month period, then I would respectfully suggest that this player is not a high volume player.

Now I could see using registration date here at two + two as a tiebreaker perhaps.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:11 AM

Here's a problem with that (and I'm only using myself because I can speak for myself so maybe others are in the same boat) :

If you ask me right now, am I currently a high volume player, according to your rough definition, that answer would be no. I play .25/.50 NL and put in around 6000-8000 hands a month. No way would that generate enough rake to pay for a WSOP trip in 4-6 months given 75% rakeback.

However, if something like this would fall on my lap, I would have no problems :

a)Putting in a lot more hands a month

b)Moving up limits

Putting in 25,000 hands a month of .5/1 NL would generate enough rake for me to pay for a WSOP trip in 4-6 months. That is something I understand and something that I'm willing to do.